Blue pictures with DX-1G

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Paula, absolutely outstanding photos!!! yes, I want your settings. I really appreciate you posting that podcast! It would be helpful if you made a similiar post on the Sea&Sea sub-forum in the underwater photo Scuba Board forum.

BTW, where in Germany do you live? My wife and I spent our first five married years living in Germany. We rented an appartment in Kornwestheim outside of Stuttgart. We absolutely loved Germany (especially the food :) ).

Regards,

Bill

Thank you for the compliments Bill :)

First of all:
the settings are for the DX-1G, YS110a, ISO 100 and the flash set on full power with manual 1.

1ft - 8,1
1,5ft - 7,2
2ft - 6,5
3ft - 5,7
4ft - 5,1

With macro I think I reduced the flash down to minimum or the first step from the left.
That was about it.

I will make a post in the sea&sea subforum tommorrrow, time permitting.

I live in Karlsruhe- which isn't that far from Stuttgart :)
It definitely is a different way of life compared to life in the States (I lived in Chicago for 10 years).

Paula, your pics are very nice. I have a DX-2G and YS-110a. Some pics from Oct in Giglio Italy are in my gallery. I had a tough time with macro shots being over exposed, but kind of worked through it. See the seehase shots.

By the way, I'm in Ramstein (Kaiserslautern) area. Do you dive locally?

Hi Trange,

yes we go to most of the lakes east of the Rhine river since you can't go diving in Rheinland Pfalz. We like going to the Brechtsee as well as some lakes around Karlsruhe.
Do you do any diving around K-town? Guess not...

Diving in the Pfalz was taken over by VDST, basically no diving allowed, besides, there are no descent lakes around here. Like you, we dive in the lakes along the Rhein, Streitkophle, Marxweiher, Brechtsee, Untergrombach, etc. They are only an hour or so to drive. Maybe we can meet up sometime?

Back
Top Bottom