Blue Planet II

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's a great series and Sir David makes sure to stress the problems facing the oceans and us as we continue down the self (and earth) destructive path we are on in a way that isn't preachy but is thought provoking.

I will second every else, this is one of the best shows I've seen. I think it is better then the first one.

I will second every else, this is one of the best shows I've seen. I think it is better then the first one.

It shows how quickly technology improves.
The mix of good science and natural history, with the advantages of modern technology has produced fantastic images and brought the wonder oceans to all. Not just those of us who are able to dive and experience it first hand. For those of us who dive, we get to see stuff that we may never see even with thousands of dives.

Hopefully, it will help generate support for better conservation efforts. Even the little things, like a reduction in the use of plastic bags.

Gareth

It’s an absolutely fantastic series and I got the accompanying hardback book for Christmas from my wife :)

Hopefully, it will help generate support for better conservation efforts. Even the little things, like a reduction in the use of plastic bags.

I think it has had a marked affect on many who have already seen the series. Many of my family and friends are talking about it and are much more aware of the issue, and the issues seem to have drawn a lot more attention in the media since the series aired too.

Sir David Attenborough is an icon and a national treasure who generates a huge amount of respect so who better to help spread the message. And he does it so well, without being patronising.

There’s currently a DoitforDavid campaign that’s getting a fair bit of attention on social media HOME -

Back
Top Bottom