Blue Springs in Waldron IN has a new owner.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Meister481

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Blue Springs is now owned by a diver! Yep, that's right.

I know FOR A FACT that the site will begin to improve once the weather breaks. The compressor has been removed for overhaul, cleaning and all the bank cylinders are getting hydro tested before being put back into use. The building is getting renovated and the shallow dock section is getting totally revamped for ease of use by instructors and divers.

The new owner is a really nice guy and a good friend of mine so if you have questions or suggestions, I can point you in the right direction to get a hold of him.

He has a 3 year plan to get the place operating better than ever.

Video from the dive I did on Saturday:
YouTube - Blue Springs Quarry Ice Dive 2011 Waldron Indiana

Nice to hear that there are going to be some upgrades but alas I'm left wondering what new "rules" might also be planned/enacted? For instance, what will be the after hours policy for diving? It is confusing from their revamped website as the home page says 24/7 but the hours of operation link has specific times and dates? Certainly much of the charm for me was stopping by during travels after hours and depositing the entrance fee and release forms into their honor box.

Also, is solo diving going to continue to be allowed?

New beginnings are always fun! Be sure to share the work progress in PICTURES here on ScubaBoard. We would all like to see the before and after pics as they move along. :D

A lot of what is on the web site is stuff that was from the old web site. I was told this by the new owner. I would say that something could be worked out for dropping in.

Back
Top Bottom