Blue Springs quarry in Indiana

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jbd

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me the nearest town to this quarry so I can find directions to it? If you've dove there I would like to hear your thoughts.

We dove Blue Springs about 7 years ago, it was a nice quarry from what I remember. The last I knew someone bought it to fish in. I've heard that some instructors are allowed to take classes in there but I don't know who you have to be affiliated with. The word around here is that the quarry is closed to the public.
Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.
Ber :bunny:

I can get directions for you when I get back to the shop. I should also have the e-mail and phone of the caretaker. I thought you already had directions when I read your PM.

Mike

Mike,

All I know at the moment is that it is near Hidden Paradise which is just off I-74 and near Indianapolis. I was there last year but no longer have the map to get there.

From what I understand the quarry is under new management with improvements not sure about what arrangements are necessary.

I spoke with a dive shop today about Blue Springs. They had an instructor and a couple of Dive Cons go up to check out Hidden Paradise. While up there they went by Blue Springs. Blue Springs has a new sign and paving on the roads and divers in the water. Sounds to me like a place open for business.

My understanding on Blue Springs is that it is open for diving, but you need to make sure and talk to the owner before going. The last I heard there are also plans to make improvements as well as purchase a compressor.

Blue Springs is indeed open, I dove there today. The water at the surface was about 54 and below 25 feet it was about 44. The dock is in need of some repairs, it isn't anchored well so it floats around, and currently there is an unstable wood plank that connects it to the ground. We chose to make our entry by walking in beside the dock rather than risk the walking the plank. They also have a website now with more details...

http://www.bluespringsscubadiving.com

HoosierDiver--Thanks for the info and the link!

website for some reason. All I get is the aerial view.

Hoosierdiver,

What did you think. Is it worth a drive up from Lexington Next weekend?

Chad

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom