Blue Springs Report 10-11-07

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fox-Cousteau

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Good News!:lotsalove: The viz is improving at Blue Springs! My son and I went to the sign (50') and could see out the top of the opening to the logs. The Flow is much stronger than I expected and I actually had to swim (as opposed to just sinking) down. Several people (including 1 ranger) commented about the water level being higher than normal.
after our dive we used the remaining air in our tanks to drift down to the swimming area. :crafty: On the way down stream, we saw lots of fish,:11doh: not to mention at least 3 armored catfish at the spring head.

My husband and I are in Daytona this week and wanted to dive at Blue Springs..probably this Wednesday. Is there a specific spot to go in at? I've never been to Blue Springs so I'm not sure what to expect. Let me know if you have any tips!
Thanks!

It is really easy, follow the board walk to the dive steps (this is a bit of a walk so be prepared). enter the water, begin walking upstream and stay on the right side of the spring wading (about waste to chest deep) up to the spring boil. the current is fairly stiff and you can easily wear yourself out trying to swim it. Next to the fallen tree, you'll have to move toward the center to be able to touch bottom. you can walk around the boil on the right side and move to the up stream side of the boil, check your gear, and dive in.
After your dive you can snorkel down to the swimming area to exit. this will give you a much shorter walk back to your vehicle.
Have a good dive, I suggest you try to enter the spring about 10 am this way you can finish your dive and enjoy lunch at one of the many good places to eat in Downtown Deland, on your way home.

Sorry I can't go with you tomorrow, I'm sure you'll have a good time. If you ever want to go on M, Th, F or Sat. contact me via SB.

We just got back from diving at Blue Springs. The entrance was a lot smaller than I expected and it was kind of creepy to be honest. I'm not a fan of small spaces. Other than that it was a pretty good dive. Your directions were perfect though. We made it up to the spring just fine. Thanks for all your help!

you are most welcome:D. I too was disappointed with the size of the opening, but my son and I had a good time playing in the vent.

A group of us are going to Pompano Beach this weekend you are welcome to meet us there.

I hope I get the chance to dive with you sometime soon.:lotsalove:

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom