BO volumes calculable on Petrel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lermontov

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I was talking to a friend who claims you can check out BO volumes while diving by going to dive planner screen and it gives you gas volumes to complete the dive if you BO at that point (i would have thought that the screen would show you the last used view and not the real time dive schedule ) - havent heard of this and cant find anything in petrel manual . ive yet to verify this in practice - anyone else heard of this?

Mine shows BO needed in the planner - I dont think the planner menu is available once you enter dive mode though, only on the surface. I never use the included planner so its just redundant for me.

I was talking to a friend who claims you can check out BO volumes while diving by going to dive planner screen and it gives you gas volumes to complete the dive if you BO at that point (i would have thought that the screen would show you the last used view and not the real time dive schedule ) - havent heard of this and cant find anything in petrel manual . ive yet to verify this in practice - anyone else heard of this?

Mabye I don't understand the question. Why would you want to check how much BO you need during a dive? Wouldn't that be something to confirm before splashing?

Mine shows BO needed in the planner - I dont think the planner menu is available once you enter dive mode though, only on the surface. I never use the included planner so its just redundant for me.
i would have thought so too but in fact you can access it - i just dont know if the stuff iim looking at is the last time i used it or if its real time - ill need to check next dive

Mabye I don't understand the question. Why would you want to check how much BO you need during a dive? Wouldn't that be something to confirm before splashing?
yes for sure the BO would be preplanned but to know how much BO your carrying and compare it to how much was required should you BO at that point in time or even in 5 minute extra time especially if youve done a saw tooth profile would be any interesting option

i would have thought so too but in fact you can access it - i just dont know if the stuff iim looking at is the last time i used it or if its real time - ill need to check next dive
I cant access the planner menu during a dive at all. It disappears once you are ~1m deep

Back
Top Bottom