Boat diving in Carmel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kryan1077

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi there guys!!

I just picked up a 12' Zodiac with a 25HP outboard. I know of the launch at the Breakwater. I really want to dive Carmel with it but also want to spearfish so Pt. Lobos is out. Is there any other public launches near Carmel? I don't want to push it driving around the point from Breakwater. Thanks for any help.

Kevin

There is no launch ramp at Stillwater Cove. You can launch across the beach (beaching wheels help). Or, Memorial Day to Labor Day, there's a hoist. You need to supply your own sling, and I think you need a reservation. The Harbormaster runs the sling. There's no charge, but tip the Harbormaster.

I'm not sure what the parking situation at Stillwater is these days. It used to be really tight (only about five public spots), but I think when they built the parking structure, the Coastal Commision made the make more public spots available.

So if you are planning on diving weekdays, you would be better off launching from Point Lobos. The ramp is narrower than Breakwater and K-dock but you will be just minutes away from the dive sites. Best of all, at Point Lobos you have the hose to rinse off your trailer and towing vehicle.

Good luck!
Ty

Dont forget to invite us :)

So if you are planning on diving weekdays, you would be better off launching from Point Lobos. The ramp is narrower than Breakwater and K-dock but you will be just minutes away from the dive sites. Best of all, at Point Lobos you have the hose to rinse off your trailer and towing vehicle.

Good luck!
Ty

The OP is a hunter. It's illegal to posses a speargun in Pt. Lobos. So Pt. Lobos is not a option for the OP.

Chuck

Back
Top Bottom