Boca Raton Hotel Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

O-ring

Beyond the Pale
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, I need a place to stay for an August trip and am thinking about these three...any opinions or recommendations?

Radisson Bridge Hotel (561) 368-9500

Marriott Boca Raton (561) 392-4600

Deerfield Beach Hilton (954) 427-7700.

Best? Cheapest? Location to business?

Marc

Is location or expense the bigger factor for you?

Radisson is on the Intracoastal, but most $$ (@$170+/night).

Both Marriott and Hilton are just a little further west (2 or 3 miles). The Hilton appears to be the cheapest at @$90-120/night, and will be the furthest south (but just barely) if you're still planning to head to Ft. Lauderdale to dive.

If money is not an issue, the Radisson will probably be the best for "location". I've (obviously :D) not needed to stay in any of them, so I can't vouch for anything else....

That's where my conference is but the hotel is full. I will be diving both weekends, but I am planning to figure all that out later. If money were no object, which one would you pick? The Radisson??

I will call the Radisson and see what they have open. Once the company stops paying (Friday), I will reinvestigate my options and relocate underneath the bridge you mentioned.. :)

If money isn't a problem, the Radisson is on the water and closest to the resort. Ask for a room on the Boca Inlet side and you'll be able to watch the dive boats go out in the morning. :)

If you are staying the weekend, maybe you could get your company to pick up the add'l nights based on the savings on airfare you'll get by having a Saturday night stayover. It's a common practice, though it does take some research. :wink:

If you need to know about weekend accommodations, let me know. It's sort of in my line of work.

So this now begs the question - when are you coming and do you have dives arranged yet?

Marc

O-ring once bubbled...
That's where my conference is but the hotel is full. I will be diving both weekends, but I am planning to figure all that out later. If money were no object, which one would you pick? The Radisson??

There are two distinct properties on the Boca Raton Hotel grounds. One is the main hotel, and the other is the Beach Club. Did you check availability for both?

If the company is paying, I'd get on a waiting list for that hotel. It ain't cheap, but it's really incredible.

detroit diver once bubbled...

There are two distinct properties on the Boca Raton Hotel grounds. One is the main hotel, and the other is the Beach Club. Did you check availability for both?

If the company is paying, I'd get on a waiting list for that hotel. It ain't cheap, but it's really incredible.
I am hoping it frees up since the conference rate is cheaper than the others would be anyway, but if not I want to have backup reservations.

I booked at the Radisson but all they had left was a suite...darn my luck! :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom