Boeing 737 to become reef in BC!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bwerb

Hoser/English Translator, eh
Reaction score
I just found out that the artificial reef society of BC has been given a 737 airframe to create an artificial reef with in Howe Sound. This is so cool! According to their website, they are expecting to sink it sometime in the spring pending site approval and completion of safety preparations.

Sooooooo what did you do on the weekend, "Oh, nothing much, went diving, swam through a Boeing jet, no bodies...yet!" Sure could live'n up coffee break talk!

It reminds me of my marketing days when I cringed at the foolishness of some TV Ad guy who thought it would be a great idea to plug their product by showing killer whales swimming through a submerged jumbo jet. Sure, that brings great subliminal images to mind, not only crashing at sea, but facing killer whales while sinking to the ocean bottom - falls into the "gee that was cool graphics, but what were you thinking!".

Howe Sound looks close to Whistler? What a travel package, Ski Whistler, Dive on a Jumbo. I like it!

That's an old Canadian Airlines logo on the tail. I wonder if BC divers should approach Air Canada for funding to repaint the tail but I don't suppose they would like the thought of one of "their" planes being on the bottom of Howe Sound!

I guess Qwest knew that all Canadian birds like to come home to roost.

Could be a challenge getting that carcass to its final resting place...

With Westjet flying, it's only a matter of time before there is a B737 on the bottom of Howe Sound.

Hey....lighten up......it's only a joke!

jbm

I hope you work for the Other Guys JBM! Your comments could be considered career limiting....I suppose the next question is do you Fly Em or Fix Em. Either way, you leave me wondering....(just kidding)

Let us know how the sinking progresses. Do they plan to sink it with/without wings?

Back
Top Bottom