Boerne City Lake

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stormbringer

Contributor
Reaction score
One of the best little jewels I've found is Boerne City Lake. Its a small lake with a max depth of around maybe 70' and generally good diving to about 35-40'. Once you hit the thermoclyne at about 30' it gets very dark and about 10-15 degrees colder and drops from a vis of 8-15' to less than 1' of vis. It can get very silty with its soft bottom so good bouyancy is desirable. Lots of fish and several fish habitats are to be found as well as a 5' alligator near the mouth of the Cibolo Creek entry into the lake (we normally dive on the opposite end of the lake near the boat ramp as an entry point...well away from the gator).

Jim

Yup...no gas powered motor boats are allowed on the lake...though you still have to watch for the ocassional kayak as one of our local divers found out...nearly getting run over by one. Still, its a great spot to get wet.

I just moved into the Boerne area. Does anyone know if they charge admission or some sort of fee to dive the lake? Has anyone gone recently?

Also, I was told that certain times of the year, they have tiny freshwater jellyfish in the lake.

Thanks.

Currently there are no fees for the park. They are suppose to start doing some major improvement to the park (pave parking lot, fishing dock, restrooms, etc). After that is completed they are talking about charging a few dollars per car load.

I am wanting to go out there tomorrow or wednesday night if anyone is interested in going....

Joe

Please post a report when you return. I dont recall seeing a report on diving this lake before and would be interested in what you find.

Willie

Would the freshwater jellyfish be like the ones in Jellyfish Lake in Palau (stingerless)?

Jim summed it up pretty well. It is a VERY small lake. It is the water supply for the city of Boerne. If you dont mind a max depth of about 30-35' it is a great place to get wet.

Any particular questions yould like answered?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom