BOGUS report of bad air in RI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AfterDark

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
  1. Earlier this week I posted an email that was posted on 3 dive club web sites here in RI. I want to apologize to everyone for being taken in by a liar. Seems the person that posted this BS has plans to open an air station on Jamestown. She's been passing cards out at local dive sites. The gravity of the matter and the fact that although I don't know this person she is apparently know by many in the diving community here. (Deb <greenhalghdj@cox.net scubamadeeasy@cox.net I couldn't imagine someone posting pure BS knowing that they'd get called on it. Someone that stupid shouldn&#8217;t be anywhere an air station! IMO. So it's as safe as it as last week to get air in Newport. Again sorry all.
Here's the lastest post on this subject from one of the club sites
  1. For everyone out there, I have done an extensive search on this carbon monoxide exposure and these are the results. As soon as the message was posted I waited and watched for anymore info on this---of course all questions and no answers. I decided I would find out myself. I called the RI Dept of Health and had a lengthy conversation with Bob Vanderslice. It IS a state law that any such carbon monoxide exposure that requires medical attention needs to be reported. Also if Kent or South County Hospitals fail to notify the dept then they are in violation and subject to disciplinary action. I then called Kent Hospital and spoke to Karen who is in charge of the hyperbaric unit and she is not aware of any such incident or rumor. Still looking for any leads, I proceeded to call Divers Alert Network and spoke to John. Although DAN cannot perform any investigations he suggested that any or all individuals who have any facts should come forward with all credible information and to do a complete follow-up. John searched his log and found no accidents or any such calls from either RI or Conn within the past few weeks. I then proceeded to call the Providence Journal and spoke to Tony Laroche. He was very interested in this and he was conducting his own research and came up with nothing. Channel 12,6 and 10 were also called and they too have not heard of any such accident involving any scuba divers or any carbon monoxide exposures. These are the facts and anyone who would like to contact the Dept of Health with anymore information then Bob is eagerly awaiting to hear from you. His direct line is 401-222-7766. I think I have covered all relevant bases on this and my conclusion is that it NEVER HAPPENED

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom