Bollocks talked about computer algorithms. Aka how to bend an Oceanic VT3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Following brexit U.K. fishermen are unable to catch cod off Norway, due to climate change the fish are moving north. It is already £10 for fish and chips, soon you might not be able to buy it, let alone curry sauce, for £30.
Something wrong here in Scotland, £7 for a fish supper; that’s 2 fish fillets (at least 8 in long) and 2 pound of chips. More than I can eat.

Can I say bollocks? Never mind… Short version - do not use NDL times to compare computer conservatism.

For me my Perdix is my primary device although I use it in tec mode GF 45/95 even for deco dives.
Short version, make sure you dive buddy follows his own DC and not mine. I like not having a DC that is a baby sitter and also does not lock you out.

Something wrong here in Scotland, £7 for a fish supper; that’s 2 fish fillets (at least 8 in long) and 2 pound of chips. More than I can eat.
But what do they taste like! Hopefully you don't end up with the fish floating in a plate of oil!

Obviously things are more expensive in England as we need to scrape together the money to subsidise Scotland so they can throw more insults at us.

But what do they taste like! Hopefully you don't end up with the fish floating in a plate of oil!

Obviously things are more expensive in England as we need to scrape together the money to subsidise Scotland so they can throw more insults at us.
LOL

Nothing has change between the Auld enemy!
Rebuild the Antonine Wall!!!

LOL

Nothing has change between the Auld enemy!
Rebuild the Antonine Wall!!!

Just to set things straight: The plural of quid is quid - not quids. I shall now retreat back into my shell.

Cod and Chips in my (excellent) local village retailer in the south of England for two people is £13.50. It's been around that price for at least the last couple of years. A small retailer like that would change their prices if their input prices went up, so the cost of fish and chips doesn't seem to have varied due to Brexit. BTW the UK waters are the largest fishing grounds in the EU, hence the French and other neighbouring countries want to continue fishing.

Brexit: Anger over government's failure to get Norway fishing deal Brexit: Anger over government's failure to get Norway fishing deal

I have considered a nerd but I am not convinced. I have observed people with the AP HUS thing lifting it to their eye to use which rather defeats the point. I suspect the best thing about a nerd would be being able to keep my existing hud as a backing for the next time a hamfisted skipper squashes it. I suspect the nerd is better built that the hud though. The disappointing thing is they don’t even consider repairing huds.

I think that is how the Germans think of the English.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom