Boltsnap breakaways

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Alright I have a question for all of the cave line proponents...

How many loops around the hose do you make with line and what type of knot do you use? I've had issues with my cave line coming untied (even after melting the ends with a lighter). My knot tying skills do leave something to be desired though so I'm sure I was at fault :wink:

Alright I have a question for all of the cave line proponents...

How many loops around the hose do you make with line and what type of knot do you use? I've had issues with my cave line coming untied (even after melting the ends with a lighter). My knot tying skills do leave something to be desired though so I'm sure I was at fault :wink:

1st make sure you are tying a square knot not a granny knot.
2nd put a drop of superglue on your knots whil ethey are still dry. Won't ever come undone again.

How to tie the perfect boltsnap at Wreck and Cave

I use their method with three loops and have had no problems. The trick is to tie the knot slowly and deliberately if you're having trouble. Be sure to get your reef knots nice and tight before moving on. I also add a small drop of glue to the knot once I'm done. I've yet to have a knot come off or go loose.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom