Bonaire 2018 Video - LUMIX LX10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

choiahoy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499

A little video of our recent Bonaire trip. I used a LX10 in a Nauticam housing with 2 x 2500 sea dragon lights. It was my first time with this setup--I was generally quite pleased, but think I need to start a blog titled "In a never-ending search for my perfect underwater video setup..."

hi... awesome video... really enjoyed it !

I found your post as I was looking for some help and advise re video lighting. I am new to underwater photography and recently purchased LX10 with Nauticam housing. Took it on one diving trip so far but I had no lighting...
I was told to go with Sola lighting but I really like Sea Dragon 2500. You seem to have exactly what I am considering...
I talked to Sealife and they recommended the following setup for my NA-LX10:

SL6712 Sea Dragon 2500 Light Head x 2
SL9901 Flex-Connect Flex Arm x 4 ( 2 on each side)
SL999 Ball Joint adapter for Flex-Connect x 2
SL9907 1" ball clamp x 2

Can you please take a look and advise? Any comments are appreciated... Also do you think I could get away with
just 1 light vs 2...

Thanks... Peter.

Thanks!

I'm assuming you're looking to do mainly video; a strobe would be what you would need for stills.

You could get away with one light if you're doing mainly macro and shooting subjects within a few feet. I like the two lights so I can have two hands holding the rig. Even with 2 lights, for them to be effective you need to be fairly close to the subject (or at night or in caves).

Your setup looks similar to mine. The sea dragon lights are tested to be true 2500K lumens and are easy to use. I'm happy with them, though there are some great deals at Leisure pro right now that caught my eye. Here's an 8300 lumen Big blue for around $450 (I've never used big blues before).

Big Blue 8300

If you're mainly shooting macro, it won't matter so much. In shallow water on sunny days, you might be able to white balance well and not need any lights for good color.

But if you want to mainly do wide angle or tend to shoot at greater depths, you can never have too much juice.

Hope this is helpful.

Back
Top Bottom