Bonaire Air Services Updates

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kharon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Bonaire Air Service Updates

• InselAir flights between Curacao and Bonaire continue daily, sometimes actually on schedule.

Talks with Avianca (Colombian) about a takeover are continuing following vacations. Results by the end of August are promised.

• InselAir hopes to have one of its big MD -80 jets back in service soon to be used for Surinam service.

InselAir personnel are threatening to strike, saying Management is not doing enough to resuscitate the airline

InselAir is not refunding money for tickets already paid for even if the flight schedule is changed and the passenger cannot make the flight. Refunds for tickets made unusable because of cuts and delays have not been made

Divi Divi Air is planning to expand capacity with a couple of Twin Otters which have about three times the passenger capacity of their existing Norman Islander planes towards the end of the year. Divi Divi flies reliably between Curacao and Bonaire.

Winair is adding a third weekly flight from St. Maarten to Curacao using Dominican PAWA jets.

United, Delta and KLM long-haul flights operating on schedule

Wonder if new Divi Divi aircraft will allow for heavier baggage limits?

Wonder if new Divi Divi aircraft will allow for heavier baggage limits?

Who knows. When I flew with them on the small plane my carry-on exceeded the weight limit by a bunch. I'm old and I carried and swung it like it was very light. They didn't give it a second glance, let alone weigh it. Maybe I was just lucky.

I doubt that the otter will make a difference re weight limit. I've flown on the otter from Grand to Little Cayman and it is certainly not a big plane. If Divi Divi is talking about triple the passenger capacity, that would mean 18 passengers. Not much room for bags.

Sunwing Airlines recently announced they will be offering non-stop flights to Bonaire out of Canada, Toronto for the coming 2017-2018 Winter Season. The weekly non-stop service operates every Sunday, starting December 17 and runs till April 15, 2018. The Boeing 737-800 has a capacity of 189 seats.

Sunwing is offering a special introductory fare to Bonaire of $595.00 per person, including all taxes and fees! This special rate is available for flights from Toronto to Bonaire leaving on Dec 17 or 24, 2017 as well as Jan 7, 2018. Valid return dates are Dec 24 or 31, 2017 as well as Jan 7 or 14, 2018:

Thx Kharon. I live in Ontario Canada and just booked on Sunwing. This airline tends to be a bare bones charter but it's hard to beat non stop. Will report back in January.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom