Bonaire Buddy dive options

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

im not tied to anywhere, we just want a great place to stay. lots of places seem to offer great 7 day unlimited tanks and rental truck prices so if we just got a condo somewhere too that would be fine (ive also been looking at Air BnB) but thought it would be nice to stay at a place where at the end of the day we could hang out with other divers to talk about places and dive stuff (and also maybe my new dive computer i will have as you have seen from my other thread HAHAHA)
Yes, I do recall seeing a computer thread :).

im not tied to anywhere, we just want a great place to stay. lots of places seem to offer great 7 day unlimited tanks and rental truck prices so if we just got a condo somewhere too that would be fine (ive also been looking at Air BnB) but thought it would be nice to stay at a place where at the end of the day we could hang out with other divers to talk about places and dive stuff (and also maybe my new dive computer i will have as you have seen from my other thread HAHAHA)
+1 for Den Laman condominiums for your first trip to Bonaire. Get an Ocean Front 1 bedroom. You can get breakfast included in your package, if you'd like to have that convenience. You will enjoy the easy entry and access for shore diving on the house reef, the storage facility and rinse tanks, on site boat diving to supplement shore dives, access to 6 other tank fill locations around the island- in addition to the one on site, etc.....

No pool at Den Laman if that matters to you They are on Bari Reef - one of the better shore dives.

I've stayed in a classic superior at BelMar - they're as nice as they look. The Buddy shop is at the south end of their small parking area so it's convenient for tank exchange. Also Buddy's usually seems to have a boat there now. They give you a card so you can use the Buddy's drive thru also when diving north.

The ground floor classic superiors have covered patios - all the units have water views to the west as it's about 100' away. The only thing between you and it is the pool.

There is no food on-site, The two major markets in town are about a 10min. drive around the lagoon and past the airport -it might be Kaya Industria. Many of the better restaurants are near there also along the harborfront. The nearest purchased food - besides the Marriott's restaurant - is at the Plaza Resort or across from the entrance to it around the lagoon. You can walk over to Hotel Roomer for breakfast but they'll be surprised to see you.

Belnem is a quiet residential area with some smaller condo complexes mixed in. BelMar's house reef is a part of a site called Corporal Meiss - it's sort of flat for a while then drops into a rift where there may still be some huge purple tube sponges before dropping down around 100' like many of the nearby sites. It's good for the BMP dive but there's better nearby.

If you are going to dive south - the Hooker, Angel City, Invisibles, Salt Pier etc. are all within 5-10mins. drive. Since the property s 50' off the street - it's convenient to stop by - I left all my extra batteries etc. charging while we dove. Tank exchanges are easy - there's a gate at the street side end of the diveshop and your room key gets you into the public areas 24/7. Ground floor *Classic Superior units also have a wet closet outside the back door. And they have a night watchman who mostly helps you park - if full the lot is tight.

From CC you;d even have to drive down the hill to Oil Slick. CC is a good 10 mins. outside of town - even 5mins. from "dive resort row" (Harbour Village, Eden Beach, Den Laman, Sand Dollar Condos, Buddy Dive, Habitat etc.) It 's closer to Karpata, 1000 Steps etc. but each one is a drive to the next. At some of the south sites you see divers/trucks at the next 3-4 sites.

hth

Belmar being a smaller place - there may not be a lot of others to talk with so if that's important to you - there's the villas (condos) at the Plaza Resort or Buddy Dive or Habitat both have bars overlooking the water and also rent condos. The north end of Buddy Dive used to be the Lions Den condos and have their own pool. Not all the units at Buddy or Habitat will have water views though - some are behind the resort buildings

Find out what day the BBQ is on at Coconut Crash at the Plaza if you want to meet a lot of divers. We met up with 3 other groups that had been on our plane there that night by chance. It used to be Tuesday, a steel drum band and beach volleball.

I believe the Divi Flamingo in town has condos also but IDK their setup.The street that bisects the resort is the one with the two food stores on it - almost walking distance,

There could also be people at Eddie's - the Sand Dollar condos restaurant by the pool - they share Bari Reef and also have a Dive Friends on-site. Actually DF recently took over the Den Laman operation and I believe has boats there now.

Otherwise the nearest DF shop with a dock is their Yellow Sub location in town. They're also at Port Bonaire condos which you can find on Airbnb but there's no beach or food there - it's all a boardwalk. Also near enough to the flight path to be annoying when the infrequent flight goes over.

...There could also be people at Eddie's - the Sand Dollar condos restaurant by the pool - they share Bari Reef and also have a Dive Friends on-site. Actually DF recently took over the Den Laman operation and I believe has boats there now.

Otherwise the nearest DF shop with a dock is their Yellow Sub location in town. They're also at Port Bonaire condos which you can find on Airbnb but there's no beach or food there - it's all a boardwalk. Also near enough to the flight path to be annoying when the infrequent flight goes over.

We didn't visit Eddie's on either of our recent trips, don't know how busy/active they are. Dive Friends took over the Bonaire Dive & Adventure business in January, 2017. They are located between Sand Dollar and Den Laman. The 24 hour tank drive through, store, rentals, gear storage, pier and tanks, are all there. The pier was refurbished after December of last year and is very nice, plenty of racks/benches for set up. Dive Friends boats leave from the pier every morning at about 8:30 and some afternoons. Dive Friends has 6 other sites Dive Friends Bonaire - Best Bonaire Diving and Services

I used could be to describe Eddie's purposely...

Habitat's bar was pretty popular the late afternoon we were there. Plus you get to comment on the divers down below..lol

Thanks for the input guys! We got our trip booked, 7 days in February with the 2-bedroom ocean front at Den Laman! Wanted just the 1-bedroom since its just me and the misses but all they had was the 2-bed

Thanks for the input guys! We got our trip booked, 7 days in February with the 2-bedroom ocean front at Den Laman! Wanted just the 1-bedroom since its just me and the misses but all they had was the 2-bed

Invite friends!

One word of caution, at Den Lamen, watch the steps to the upper floors as they are VERY slippery when wet!

You have made a good choice, although Bonaire has many good options to choose from.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom