Bonaire Dive Boots?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've used these on my last four trips to Bonaire. Extremely rugged soles, very thin uppers.
Akona Low Cut Molded Sole 3.5mm Boots (AKBT638)

Those don't look too bad at all, and the price is right as well!

Just for reference, these are the boots I'm currently using in size 12 (I usually wear an 11 shoe).
I wear them with size large fins (Aqualung X-shots and Sherwood Tritons).

I used These Advised Courtesy of @JohnnyC . They were awesome. They drain so you aren't carrying an extra kg of water on exit.

Yes, I looked very seriously at those after reading some other similar threads (yes @GrafCanuck, I did search and did find several different threads on the subject but, in the words of U2, still haven't found what I'm looking for :). I do appreciate your input, though!) but I think I need some neoprene on my feet to keep them up. As mentioned earlier, my feet were heavy when I tried my Chucks.

I like the hard sole..... I wouldn’t risk it (the vacay) for the price of a lunch...

Wow! That's easy.
I know you said you don't want to buy fins, but Deep6 boots and a set of their fins are less than y'all are recommending. Slam dunk.

I dive 'em. I love 'em.

For Sale - SB celebrity sale
Deep 6 Eddy Flippers

Well, that would be great and I have been wanting the Eddy fins for quite a while but they have been out of my size (XL) for I don't even know how many months and there is no word as to when they are going to have them back in stock. Hard to buy what they don't have! I'm afraid they may lose my business as I may go with the Scubapro Go Sport since they are actually available. Too bad, though as I would have really liked to try the Eddy's. :(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom