Bonaire Invasion Central

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Roxanne and Dennis,

A great big "thank you" for all you did to make our week in Bonaire a huge success. It was great to see and dive with friends from last years invasion and meet new friends this year. Thanks again for all your hard work!!

Colin

Nice seeing you again, Colin, as well as everyone else. It was a great week. Someday Cindy will arrive healthy and be able to dive with us. :D

Back home and taking the next week off to recover from the Invasion :D
I can't thank Dennis and Roxanne enough for organizing another amazing event. For me, the diving and the location are secondary... it's the friends I've made and the reunion with them each year that I look forward to. Janet and I had such a wonderful time. Of course kudos go out to Pete and Elena as well for providing the inspiration.
Having the manufacturer/sponsors along was truly fabulous: Rick from Vivid-Pix making photo adjustment so unbelievably easy; Amy from Light & Motion with revolutionary lighting options (would REALLY love to get myself a SolaTM someday); Ken from Mocean Armor, although I never did get to try it out, he's promised a special "neighbour tutorial" :); and finally, Brian from GO WEST Diving in Curaçao for making the trip over with his dive boat -- seriously nice guy (he's Canadian of course:D), and has sent Janet over the moon with his generous prize of a trip to his place in Curaçao.
The Invasion just keeps getting better and better each year.
I can_not_wait to see everyone again in 2014!

As promised here are some of the rare creatures found during the invasion!

SB_bonaire-9.jpg

SB_bonaire-8.jpg

SB_bonaire-7.jpg

SB_bonaire-6.jpg

SB_bonaire-5.jpg

SB_bonaire-4.jpg

SB_bonaire-3.jpg

SB_bonaire-2.jpg

SB_bonaire-10.jpg

SB_bonaire-1.jpg

SB_bonaire-11.jpg

SB_bonaire-12.jpg

SB_bonaire-13.jpg

SB_bonaire-14.jpg

SB_bonaire-15.jpg

Danny and I had a FANTASTIC week! Reuniting with old friends and making new ones; it does not get any better than that!

Many thanks to:

Dennis and Roxanne for their primo organizational skills!

Our wonderful sponsors..........(Danny now gets the Ikelite strobe to match the housing he won last year).

Plaza Bonaire! They did a great job considering that they were really understaffed to handle a group of our size.

---------- Post added July 1st, 2013 at 10:04 AM ----------

Link to my photos. They seem very inadequate compared to the "professionals" on our trip, but they are all mine!

https://picasaweb.google.com/103997582341093477918/201306BonaireMary?authkey=Gv1sRgCPaLzpDljbTTWg

Great Invasion!!!!!! I would like to say thank you to all involved for making it a great invasion , Everyone that helped put it together, Staff of the resort and dive shop, all of the sponsors and of course everone that attended!! Last, but definitely not least, A big thank you to PDT#8 for making it a great time above and below the water!!!

Keith

Even at 80 feet the colors of the reef in Bonaire are beautiful

I have not yet learned a video editor. Sorry

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom