Bonaire shore signage installation at Buddy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Glad to see it and I think it'll be helpful, especially to new divers, those new to the island, and to open water classes where the instructor can use it to help them understand a planned course of the dive.

I, too, recently picked up a copy of your book off Amazon, and it looks like a winner. I especially like the drone photos of the shore sites themselves, helping show entries and exits. For the first time, I think I might be able to figure out how to get to Something Special. Hope to find out...!

Richard.

Hahah...thanks. Something special is definitely one of my favourite dives. I consistently see cool stuff whenever I enter the water there...and it's such a simple dive.

Your maps and books are great. If you're posting maps and fish ID signage where there are already structures/construction/improvements (i.e. Buddy Dive etc., dive shops/villas/condos with house reefs), great. If you're talking about putting up signage at "unimproved"/just yellow rock only sites, please don't add to the clutter and natural vistas. I mean this nicely :). All IMHO.

Glad to see it and I think it'll be helpful, especially to new divers, those new to the island, and to open water classes where the instructor can use it to help them understand a planned course of the dive.

I, too, recently picked up a copy of your book off Amazon, and it looks like a winner. I especially like the drone photos of the shore sites themselves, helping show entries and exits. For the first time, I think I might be able to figure out how to get to Something Special. Hope to find out...!

Richard.

Something Special - from the north, make the first right you can out to the street running along the water in Kralendjik. Park on that street, gear up, walk into the water - viola! Something Special. My frogfish icon pic was taken there. About 30 feet of water on a singular coral head, maybe 30-40 feet south of entry. :) And yes, I opened the front page of my Bonaire Reef Smart book - Ian is one of the collaborators.

Something Special - from the north, make the first right you can out to the street running along the water in Kralendjik. Park on that street, gear up, walk into the water - viola! Something Special. My frogfish icon pic was taken there. About 30 feet of water on a singular coral head, maybe 30-40 feet south of entry. :) And yes, I opened the front page of my Bonaire Reef Smart book - Ian is one of the collaborators.

It's a great frogfish spot for sure! Thanks for the tip.

Your maps and books are great. If you're posting maps and fish ID signage where there are already structures/construction/improvements (i.e. Buddy Dive etc., dive shops/villas/condos with house reefs), great. If you're talking about putting up signage at "unimproved"/just yellow rock only sites, please don't add to the clutter and natural vistas. I mean this nicely :). All IMHO.

Bonaire has strict bi-laws about this. We would likely only be given permission to place signage at locations where a structure already exists, such as 18th Palm, Cliff, Karpata, Slagbaai, Salt Pier, etc.

Fantastic....can’t wait to see them in 2 weeks

Love your dive guide book. Going for our 12th time to Bonaire and have had another guide book that served it’s purpose. Yours sheds a lot of light on dive sites that even veteran Bonaire divers can use and improve their experience. End of October for 2 weeks coming up.

I was just at Buddy Dive at the end of August, so just before this sign went up. First time in Bonaire. I would have loved seeing these maps around. Luckily, I had your book with me :) I got your book specifically for those maps. While I was a little worried about possible theft, I took the risk and brought the book with me in the truck to the various dive sites so my wife and I could review the dive site map just before going in the water. Came in very handy!

Since we were not traveling with a group and had never been to Bonaire before, these maps were critical to getting an idea of the sites and creating a plan before entering the water. Knowing the general layout, and especially depth, was very important. More maps leads to greater safety.

Thank you!

The signage looks great - can't wait to see it in person in a little over a week!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom