Suggestion Bonaire Should Have its Own Sub-Forum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
edclee

edclee

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Someone else posted something on this but apparently has never gone through with it. Bonaire is sufficiently unique an fantastic to deserve it's own subforum rather than being just part of the ABC islands. Aruba is a party island and Curacao fine for boat diving, but Bonaire is special and world recognized as the shore diving captial.
Ed

I would think Curacao shoud be in with Bonaire, to be honest. To lump it in with "Virgin Islands, St. Martin, St. Croix, Martinique, St. Lucia, Dominica, Grenada, Barbados, Aruba, Trinidad and Tobago" is really a bit silly, no?
They're all Lesser Antilles technically. Hence the name of the sub-forum

I support Bonaire having it's own forum.

We do since yesterday afternoon:
ScubaBoard - Bonaire

RJP has a good point. Bonaire and Curacao are billed as very similar in terms of the diving. Bonaire is more dive focused, and it's quicker to drive between sites, and there are plenty of ready-made 'package deals' with everything you need except groceries & a tank of gas at the end of the week. Curacao has longer drives between sites, more non-scuba things to do, is larger, has easier entries with more sand/less coral rubble but longer swim outs. Airfare is cheaper to Curacao.

Or so I've gleaned from the forum; been to Bonaire 7 times, Curacao 0.

Bottom Line: These 2 are very similar in important ways & often compared against each other.

Aruba is quite a different type of destination/vacation, from what I'm told; higher population, more non-dive stuff, most of the diving is boat diving. I've been to Aruba one day on a cruise stop, but never dove it.

Richard.

P.S. to the Forum Administration: Bwah-hah-hah!!! You can TRY to make everybody happy, but we will defy you!!!:angrymob::angrymob:

They're all Lesser Antilles technically. Hence the name of the sub-forum

As is Bonaire, so lump that one in there as well.

Technically they're all Caribbean islands, as is Cuba, Antigua, Cayman Islands, Turks & Caicos, etc... so why not lump them ALL together?

Technically they're all islands, so we can add in Galapagos, Catalina, Capri, Malta, Vancouver, and Manhattan.

No one requested a Bonaire/Curacao forum.

There's 177 threads in Lesser Antilles with Curacao in the title (doesn't mean there isn't more)
There's 2,261 threads in the Bonaire sub-forum

The numbers don't support your original premise.

For comparison there's 8,155 threads in the Cozumel forum. So should we remove the Coz forum and dump them all back into Mexico also?

Last edited:
No one requested a Bonaire/Curacao forum.

There's 177 threads in Lesser Antilles with Curacao in the title (doesn't mean there isn't more)
There's 2,261 threads in the Bonaire sub-forum

The numbers don't support your original premise.

For comparison there's 8,155 threads in the Cozumel forum. So should we remove the Coz forum and dump them all back into Mexico also?

If I'm following your logic, the Bonaire forum should be collapsed into the Cozumel forum I think.

:d

Back
Top Bottom