Bonaire - where to stay with 10yo new diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If I go DIY (hit VDT, make some meals, dishes) then what are the benefits of Divi over Sand Dollar which also has a pier, Dive Friends, and good house reef?
I have not stayed at Sand Dollar so can't offer a comparison. If you care about downtown, one advantage to Divi is a 0.9 km walk to downtown Kralendijk, versus Sand Dollar which is a longer 2.2 km walk. By downtown I mean, for example, Karels Beach Bar, which happens to be one of my favorite places for food/drink - great atmosphere over the water.

Another one you might want to add to your list is Divi Flamagio, they have 2 nice pools, good dive shop, several good restaurants and are located easy walk into town. One of their docks is being rebuilt at this time but otherwise it's a nice place. Just got back on Sat so the report is recent.
You didn't happen to get a photo of the dock-in-progress, did you? If not, have they finished the walkway connecting shore to dock? Have they started building the lockers, etc? Here's what it looked like on March 23, 2024:

Dive Pier.jpg

I didn't but work is slow, they had the decking down but nothing else.

I didn't but work is slow, they had the decking down but nothing else.
It blows my mind that the dock was destroyed by waves from a distant hurricane in September 2022, and it's still not repaired. That's TWENTY months ago!!! I've heard of "island time" but this is ridiculous.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom