Bonaire with the DC2000

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

These look fantastic. Thanks for posting. I'm pretty impressed with the quality. How much post processing was done on these and what attachments did you use besides the dual strobes?

These look fantastic. Thanks for posting. I'm pretty impressed with the quality. How much post processing was done on these and what attachments did you use besides the dual strobes?

Thanks. I did process them in Aperture, but mostly just your usual quick-fix stuff depending on the picture. No cropping, layers, or dual exposures, though. Around 100 pictures took me about 90 minutes to process on the flight home to give you an average.

To test the new sensor, I did a lot more wide angle this time and CFWA shots using the SL975 lens. I also have each of the strobes attached to a flex arm.

I haven't yet had to pay for extra baggage when I travel but I haven't figured out how to carry my SeaLife 2000 on a trip with me. I was thinking of just taking one light source and maybe I can squeeze it into my main luggage. My laptop will be in my carry-on.

BTW, great pics! Hope I can learn to do that good some day.

I haven't yet had to pay for extra baggage when I travel but I haven't figured out how to carry my SeaLife 2000 on a trip with me. I was thinking of just taking one light source and maybe I can squeeze it into my main luggage. My laptop will be in my carry-on.

BTW, great pics! Hope I can learn to do that good some day.

Thanks! Just takes a little trial and error to figure out the best settings for what you're trying to shoot.

I carry mine in a pelican as my carry on, and my laptop bag as my "personal item".

Just got back today from a week in Bonaire using the DC2000 and dual SeaDragon strobes. A few people on here had been looking for sample pics with it, so here's a link to my photos from the trip.
Bonaire - May 2017 - pillpusher

New member - long time diver - reentering U/W photography. My wife has taken over my old GoPro 3+ and I'm tossed between getting the GP5 or the DC2000 Pro Duo Set. I was ready to push the button on the sealife setup until I read some poor reviews on focus times and some other concerns.

Posting here to you since we love Bonaire and return later this summer for a couple weeks.

Thanks.

New member - long time diver - reentering U/W photography. My wife has taken over my old GoPro 3+ and I'm tossed between getting the GP5 or the DC2000 Pro Duo Set. I was ready to push the button on the sealife setup until I read some poor reviews on focus times and some other concerns.

Posting here to you since we love Bonaire and return later this summer for a couple weeks.

Thanks.
from a camera point of view, i think it is important to define what type of pictures you want to capture and then balance that against your budget.

Sometimes a cheaper starter system will never be able to achieve your goals. or it may all you need.

i personally love macro shots and shots with strobe lighting only (no ambient light). This does limit my subject matter (no wide angle shark shots).

so let us know more about what you want to achieve.

Thanks.

IMO, that's a pretty simple decision. If you want to take mostly video, go with the GoPro. If you want to take mostly photos, go with the SeaLife. The two simply aren't comparable. Focus times were an issue at times with the DC1400, but not much of one with the DC2000.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom