Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Youll be fine!
Have a great trip!

The short answer is...yes....but add a pair of skins with it.

The actual answer is....it depends on how much diving you plan to do, your heat loss rate and how you react to the heat loss (whats it take before you are cold).

You might take a full three mm suit along as a just in case if you have the room. Def take the skins. I wouldnt dive without them personally.

rich

I'd say it depends on you.
The key thing to know is that the water temperature is about 77/78 F.
If you are comfortable in a shorty at that temp you will have no problem.

For me the answer would be no. When I was there, I got cold with a 3/2 full suit.
I'm very thin with no extra insulation.
I would start to feel chilly after being under 30 minutes on most dives.

--- bill

It really depends. I dive a fleece lined skin all the time. A buddy of mine dives a full 5mm with a hood and barely keeps warm.
I do agree with Rich, a full length skin is a good idea, both for abrasion and sunburn protection. Hard soled booties are a must.

Yes and no!

While for a thermal protection it will be plenty, I would suggest you bring a 3mm steamer maybe -- a lot of the entries are somewhat rough and can be hard on your legs and arms if you have no protection.....not to mention them stupid little sea urchins in the rocks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom