Book reviews?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rhone Man

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Should SB have a sub-forum for book reviews? I read a fair few books on scuba diving (as I am sure a lot of people on the board do), and it would be nice to swap views on them, and to read reviews of books I am thinking about buying.

I see that this idea was floated about 5 years ago, but clearly never got anywhere. But I still maintain it would be a good idea.

I think the idea would be quite popular fairly quickly. I would offer my vote as a solid YES in favour.

I hope I am not reading too much into this, it's such a novel idea!. But you want a forum to review books... could we add ALL media (DVD, Websites, etc) to the mix?

I still stand by my vote of YES so sure. I wouold prefer the book area I think but I enjoy watching movies about the ocean/lakes etc. as well, so what the heck.

Under
Change "Scuba Industry News" to "Scuba News, Reviews and Shows and Events"
Move Shows and Events under it.
Add Media Reviews Sub-forum
  • Books, Magazines and Periodicals
  • Movies, Music and DVD's
  • Websites, Forums and Blogs

Just thinking out loud.

Did this ever get off the ground?

Under
Change "Scuba Industry News" to "Scuba News, Reviews and Shows and Events"
Move Shows and Events under it.
Add Media Reviews Sub-forum
  • Books, Magazines and Periodicals
  • Movies, Music and DVD's
  • Websites, Forums and Blogs

Just thinking out loud.

This is a great idea - How do we get this done:confused: I'v a few book's I could add :coffee:

I'll send a PM.

Back
Top Bottom