Booked Anthony's Key for Late October. Trip Insurance Recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Guitarcrazy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just booked a trip to Anthony's Key in Roatan for late October. This will be our first trip to Roatan and we are super excited. I am considering travel insurance. I see some are not happy with DAN, are there better alternatives? Thanks.

Dan dive insurance is a must! Dan travel insurance not so much, decide what you want travel insurance for. Trip delay? Trip cancelation? Baggage delay? Then do a search. But for dive insurance we won't dive without it. Sure the odds are low,like their premiums, but I had the unfortunate experience of a diver in our group using it and the support was exceptional. We seldom get travel insurance because of the expense, after a few trips we have paid for another trip. Don't be insurance poor, its like life insurance- if I die I win, if I live I lose. I will bet that I live.

Trip insurance I'd use another insurance provider.

Dive insurance, I'm pleased with DAN. Thankfully I've not needed my coverage yet.

I've helped out in a hyperbaric chamber and seen many divers very glad for DAN's support through their very bad days.

Regards,
Cameron

Dive Assure for dive travel insurance

DAN for dive accident insurance.

Geo Blue Traveler medical health insurance for international medical insurance. At 32 years old, 3 weeks coverage for $1 million at $0 deductible including pre-existing conditions and coverage for dental was only $52 for me. I know someone going same time period and he was quoted $55 or $57 for 2 weeks at 46 years old, same coverage.

Dive Assure for dive travel insurance

DAN for dive accident insurance.

Geo Blue Traveler medical health insurance for international medical insurance. At 32 years old, 3 weeks coverage for $1 million at $0 deductible including pre-existing conditions and coverage for dental was only $52 for me. I know someone going same time period and he was quoted $55 or $57 for 2 weeks at 46 years old, same coverage.

Maybe post a link to some of those threads in which you shared your travel insurance knowledge/research?

Reminds me I need to pull the trigger on Geo Blue for an upcoming trip.

Back
Top Bottom