• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Booked !

Discussion in 'Indonesia' started by billt4sf, Nov 18, 2020.

1. billt4sf

billt4sf Contributor

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    Pulled the trigger and booked Raja Ampat for 21 Dec '21. It feels GREAT to book a trip!!

We chose the Solitude Adventurer because they allowed a 5% deposit (lots of things can happen between now and over a year from now). The "best estimates" of Dr. Francis Collins (head of NIH) and Dr. Fauci are for next winter (winter of 2021 - 2022) to be "normal". So we'll see.

Lots of LOBs are already booked, as many trips booked for 2020 were simply postponed until 2021.
    Meanwhile we're doing our best to stay in shape (lost 25 lbs) and trying not to get to old, too fast. :shocked:

- Bill

2. chillyinCanada

chillyinCanada ScubaBoard Supporter Staff Member ScubaBoard Supporter

Good for you! Now that I've healed up for the most part, I need to lose a few points and increase my activity level so that I'm ready too! The passage of time is concerning to me. I was holding it back but it got away from me! Doggone it.

So now, just to get back to the fighting shape that I was in when I left SE Asia in, 2019, at a bare minimum! :p

3. FishCity

FishCity Contributor

Congratulations! Working to get back into 2019 shape myself. Trip to Fiji booked October 2021, Komodo 2022. Hope vaccines in all countries are working by then. If not..tick tock goes the clock.

chillyinCanada likes this.
  4. Centrals

Centrals Barangay Pasaway

# of Dives:
    How are U2 going to achieve that?
    I need tips!!!! lol

5. Indah

Indah Contributor

# of Dives: 5,000 - ∞
    Y
    You will never consider yourself to be old until you try to jump over that 1 meter high fence. Moral? Know your limits and stay within them.

billt4sf likes this.
  6. chillyinCanada

chillyinCanada ScubaBoard Supporter Staff Member ScubaBoard Supporter

1 meter? Pshaw

Oh dear, I've been old for such a very long time

7. Hippocampus01

Hippocampus01 Registered

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    We have three trips to eastern Indo booked for ‘21, all rescheduled. The first is in February. Anybody think there is any chance of that one happening?

8. Indah

Indah Contributor

# of Dives: 5,000 - ∞
    No

9. Hippocampus01

Hippocampus01 Registered

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    That’s a very definitive answer, Indah. May I respectfully ask, what makes you so sure, is it some kind of official announcement, or is it the general opinion of those in the tourist industry? Is there really no hope of good news for the NewYear?

10. ontdiver

ontdiver Solo Diver

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    Sadly, hope is currently being served in small portions. While there is good news about vaccine(s), the big question is when vaccinations will actually begin.