Booking combo packages using travel.padi.com

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JSNewb

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Does anyone have any experience booking a combo hotel/diving package through travel.padi.com. We are traveling around Christmas and thinking of using them in Malapascua. It says they use Thresher Shark Divers for our particular package. Our kids will need to complete the ocean dive portion of their OW certification. Is it ok to get the package from travel.padi.com or would we be better off booking the hotel separately and finding our own dive shop?

Book through the resort.

PADI travel take huge commissions, more than any dive agent. Email the company and mention you saw on PADI travel and could you get a discount.

I have a resort elsewhere in the Philippines and sell on PADI travel also but prefer direct bookings and give discounts acordingly

If you are going to Malapascua, I stay at Tepanee Beach resort. Really nice place with a private beach. Nice to chill and snorkel there. Breakfast is great and best Italian pizza right next door. Use skyscanner or trivago get the best deal there. For some reason it was cheaper then booking direct when I went, good to check anyway. Their seaview rooms get booked up fast.
Thresher Shark Divers are very good professional operation, I've used them 6-7 times. Lots of variety of sites suitable for all levels of divers. They do full day trips to Kalanggaman island with lunch which has a nice beach. Also they arrange transport from Cebu to the island which I always use because I travel with 3 bags, my own dive gear and UW camera gear.

I would at least contact the hotel/dive center to learn their prices.

We were in Malapascua in April and loved Thresher Cove Divers. Our dive guide (Vic) was the best ever! He got us totally away from the circus people describe when diving Monad Shoal (yes, there were 15+ boats on the dive sites, but he timed it well and for 20 min we had the threshers all to ourselves- magic)

Not sure how old your kids are, but our youngest did a “bubble maker” at the resort and the instructor was very good.

I would also recommend booking directly with the resort. I made my first trip to Malapascua in 2007. I've been diving with Evolution since 2010. Malapascua Island is one of my favorite destinations (I stayed once for a month :wink: ). Evolution is not only a top-ranked operation by Trip Advisor but also ranked in the top 10 world-wide by Green Fins! Top members

I'll add a few links to my blog where I write about my experience diving with them on a couple of my trips there. No matter who you end up choosing I'm sure you'll have a great time :) I'm headed there myself during my next Philippines trip. I'm arriving there on January 3rd and really looking forward to it :)

Malapascua-Part One
Malapascua-Part Two
Another visit to Malapascua

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom