Booster pressure Regulator?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

a878bob

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Any suggestions for a reasonably priced drive gas pressure regulator for my boosters?

I'm currently using a 1st stage and running the high pressure through a regular cylinder and h valve. It works really well and it didn't cost me anything.

The name brands like haskel are stupid crazy expensive.

I'm confused about what you're doing with scuba regulator and h-valve.... Post a picture if you don't mind

You can just as easily use any air regulator from Lowes/Home Depot. Put a BC to NPT adapter on the inlet portion or better yet, make a BCD to standard air tool quick disconnect, and plug it in

I'm confused about what you're doing with scuba regulator and h-valve.... Post a picture if you don't mind

You can just as easily use any air regulator from Lowes/Home Depot. Put a BC to NPT adapter on the inlet portion or better yet, make a BCD to standard air tool quick disconnect, and plug it in

I think he means like this:
high pressure air --> DIN --> H-Valve
booster <-- 1st stage <-- H-Valve

Or are you wanting to adapt your booster from using a cylinder as drive gas to shop air? That's the only reason I can think of that you'd need another regulator. Boosters run low pressure on the drive side, not high pressure. Your first stage is putting out whatever your intermediate pressure is into the drive side, probably somewhere from 100-150 psi.

I'm confused as well.

I think he's using an H-valve to provide drive gas as well as a source for boosting. Which makes little sense to me.

I think he's using an H-valve to provide drive gas as well as a source for boosting. Which makes little sense to me.

That sounds like something you'd pay to see in a seedy part of Bangkok, and deny you ever did it.....

That sounds like something you'd pay to see in a seedy part of Bangkok, and deny you ever did it.....
I didn't see it in Tijuana.

Aren’t you supposed to use oxygen as the drive gas? That’s why they call it an oxygen booster. Everybody says you need clean drive gas and it doesn’t get any cleaner than that...

In a world filled with ignorance and arrogance that is a risky bit of humor there Jeremy.

So currently I'm using high pressure banked air as drive gas. Banked air to regular cylinder, to H valve to 1st stage, to drive the booster.

So I need to go from 3000-3500 psi to 150, what u guys got for me?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom