Boosters for the new guy.... ie dummy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

_Ralph

Contributor
Reaction score
Well, i’m tired of paying a small fortune for getting O2 boosted at the local dive shops, either it’s the same cost as an O2 supply bottle and/or short fills (2400psi with the booster)

I’d be filling 2L O2 (mostly) and topping up an AL40 (rarely, only if I OC deco or use it to transfill mid trip) and the like.

As well as topping up a 12L DIL/AL80 bailout (for sidemount CCR) from a larger bank mix (from a set of doubles at the moment)

I do have 30A/220v power to the back shed, I don’t want to deal with a shop compressor to power/plumb and run to use the booster, so Electric would be ideal.

I’ve seen Masterlines and heard of the HI boosters, but have no idea what they cost or where to get them, nor what capacity i’d need (aside from sizing it to what I can run off my shed service)

My other issue, is the said back shed is literally that. No heating, minimal insulation and we sit -20C for a few months over the winter, and I do dive all winter......

_R

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom