Boot for Mares Nemo Wide

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ltstanfo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Tobin,

I saw the thread where you helped make a bungee mount possible for the Oceanic Versa Pro a reality (thanks by the way, I'll be ordering one soon) and now I would like to see if there is enough interest in trying to make such a mount for the Mares Nemo Wide?

If necessary, I'll send you one of my computers for the investigation process (I'd alsso be willing to contact Mares and see if they might send a sample).

Does anyone else use the Nemo Wide? I can't be the only one. :D

Thanks,
Ltstanfo

I use one as well for the "old guy" eye-friendly display ...

Tobin,

I saw the thread where you helped make a bungee mount possible for the Oceanic Versa Pro a reality (thanks by the way, I'll be ordering one soon) and now I would like to see if there is enough interest in trying to make such a mount for the Mares Nemo Wide?

If necessary, I'll send you one of my computers for the investigation process (I'd alsso be willing to contact Mares and see if they might send a sample).

Does anyone else use the Nemo Wide? I can't be the only one. :D

Thanks,
Ltstanfo

Mold design and manufacturing is not trivial task, and I need evidence of sufficient demand to make it worthwhile.

If possible I'd like to see some pics of the bare instrument, i.e. out of the OEM mount. Front, back, 3/4's etc.

That will give me a clue about whether or not it is even practical. That's step one, before I'd even want a physical sample of the device.

Tobin

Tobin,

Thank you very much for the response. I will send you (via PM) the requested photos this weekend. Also thank you for the hard work that you do. My Suunto SK7 and Versa Pro appreciate it. :)

Regards,
Ltstanfo

Count me in Tobin.

I also use the n-wide because of "old man eyes". In my drysuit, a CF200, I find the strap is just barely long enough, and diving in warm water, the strap is way too long. No comment on lack of redundancy should the strap fail.

Bungee mounts rock

Just seeing this thread now. I'd love to have a boot bungee mount for my Mares Nemo Wide.

What ever came of this? I'm looking for a bungee mount for my Nemo Wide.

TP

No progress. I need somebody to furnish pictures to start with an an *actual* example of the instrument I can keep for a few months to develop the mold. We simply cannot buy one of every computer.

Tobin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom