Boot for Mares Nemo Wide

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry, Tobin, can't help you out given I don't own my Nemo Wide anymore. Am sure one of the others in this thread can supply pics.

Tobin,
Thank you for your reply. What kind of pictures do you need? Do I need to take the unit apart or do you want me to just remove the straps? I'm uncertain what you mean when you say "bare".

TP

Also, I doubt I'll go diving in the next few months so I'm willing to loan you mine. Provided that if I do go on an unexpected trip that you are willing to mail it back to me. Of course I'm willing to resend it back if that happens and I'd be willing to cover all of the shipping costs.

TP

Step one is pictures of all sides of the bare instrument. That allows me to make a determination if a mount is reasonably possible. If I decide our "style" of mount is possible then I need the actual instrument and a OEM mount if possible.

Instrument mounts are something I cannot devote 100% of my time to , and as such it may require several months to complete. Being able to refer to the actual instrument during process is vital.

Pics first, then I can let you know if I need the Computer.

Tobin

Tobin,
Here are the pictures as promised. Let me know if you need more pictures or other angles. I'm not sure what is required as this is my first go at this. Thank you for taking the time to look at this.

TP

Attachments

• DSC_3738.jpg
    DSC_3738.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 121
  • DSC_3746.jpg
    DSC_3746.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 114
  • DSC_3747.jpg
    DSC_3747.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 107
  • DSC_3748.jpg
    DSC_3748.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 116
  • DSC_3749.jpg
    DSC_3749.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 109
  • DSC_3750.jpg
    DSC_3750.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 101
  • DSC_3754.jpg
    DSC_3754.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 103
  • DSC_3755.jpg
    DSC_3755.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 162
  • DSC_3757.jpg
    DSC_3757.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 239
  • DSC_3758.jpg
    DSC_3758.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 107
Oh and I'm not sure if you wanted me to take the strap off or not. But a few points about that. The strap is attached by pins (looks like normal watch pins) but the strap looks to be VERY snug against the watch casing. I'm not sure if they are providing any kind of seal, but I didn't want to remove the straps because I didn't know if they were providing a seal or not. Also, I included a few pictures of the display protector as well. I'm not sure if you want to make a boot that mounts over the top of the Nemo Wide, but that looks like it might be the easiest way so I included the protector pictures because it goes over the top of the watch (as well as under and around).

HTH
TP

Oh and I'm not sure if you wanted me to take the strap off or not. But a few points about that. The strap is attached by pins (looks like normal watch pins) but the strap looks to be VERY snug against the watch casing. I'm not sure if they are providing any kind of seal, but I didn't want to remove the straps because I didn't know if they were providing a seal or not. Also, I included a few pictures of the display protector as well. I'm not sure if you want to make a boot that mounts over the top of the Nemo Wide, but that looks like it might be the easiest way so I included the protector pictures because it goes over the top of the watch (as well as under and around).

HTH
TP

Thank you. I'd love a few pics of the instrument out of the mount, but before you go to any more effort let me cogitate about these for a few days.

I do appreciate your efforts.

Tobin

No problem. Just let me know. And I have high resolution versions if you want those too. I'd have to email them to you.

TP

Found this thread, any news on this?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom