Booties..... what do you recommend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wildbill9

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Last minute trip....well Dec 7th so we have some time. Wife ripped side of her booties last trip and we hadn't expected to take a trip back this year but due to stress at work she looked at me yesterday and said she had to get away. Bonaire air was so cheap we booked but she needs new shoes. Looked at Leisure Pro but couldn't decide. Hard sole booties. Suggestions? Still can't believe Bonaire is cheaper than coz...or cur...or grand cay.... Tanks Bill and DeeDee

Mares Trilastic boots. Using for the first time here in Bonaire, they are super. Really roomy, great soles, fit easily into my my Mares Avantiquattro fins. Perfect for the challenging terrain of shore dives.

Very happy with my Mares Trilastic and would recommend for Bonaire.

My wife and I just used Seasoft Sunray there a few months ago. Worked well for the most part. I have a wide foot so needed something that worked with that. The Mares didn't work well for my foot so that I why I tried the Seasoft. I did notice that my foot would slide forward a little in them when walking into the water, but that was just due to it not being an exact fit for my foot and the inside of the boots being very smooth. In general, I was very impressed with the Seasoft Sunray.

That said, if I was in a rush, my soft soled boots would have been fine at all the sites I went to. Not super comfortable, but not painful either. Of course with my luck I would probably step on an urchin if I tried that. I think the biggest reason I would keep with hard soled is the arch support. That was VERY nice to have!

Definitely the hard sole, 3 mil boots by Mares, aqualung etc. that way you just don’t think about the sharp rocks and focus more on where you’re putting you feet to not fall down.

I thought the Mares Flexa DS 5mm boots worked well for me. Adequate sole sturdiness but the ankle wasn't too stiff.

(Extra $0.02, when I started diving with lycra socks, my diving life became a lot easier.)

Back
Top Bottom