boots and gloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TiB

Reaction score
I know this is masks and such, but sicne fins are also involved...

Ok, here's my problem. I have very small hands and feet. I'm 17 and they havn't grown since I was 9. I wear about a size 4-5 in shoes and well... I have hands to match. I already own gloves and boots but they're really big. Sure, they do their job but I'd like it a lot better if I had gloves and boots that really fit. Problem is I'm already wearing the smallest sizes I can find. Any one know where I can get some really small gloves and boots, hopefully somewhere 5mm+?

I don't know about the gloves, but for the boots you might try a pair of chuck taylor hi-tops with some wool/polypro socks for warmth. That should do you OK for summer anyway.

My petite wife wears Mares booties, their size shown on them is 4 / XXS, and they work well for her. She wears a women's size 6 shoe, if that helps.

She has a similar problem with gloves - you have to hunt around, but there are some XXS size gloves around.

You can try Larry at Scubatoys (see the link in my signature line) - the 'Suits, Boots, and Gloves' section shows boots in size 4 on up available. Make sure you let them know you're a Scubaboard member! Larry's mentioned several times they have access to lots of stuff that doesn't necessarily appear on their web site - just call and ask them. I've had good experiences with these folks. So, they probably have boots in brands like Tilos available, that also make size 4 and up boots, even though those don't specifically appear on their site listings.

If that doesn't work, maybe Larry and Joe can help see if some of the companies like Henderson or Tilos or IST or Scubamax have the ability to custom make something for you, or maybe they have smaller sizes they typically don't market in the USA - maybe they have some smaller sizes they market more in Asia - I don't know for sure, but it wouldn't hurt to ask.

There's a number of companies who sell some particular mask models for 'smaller' faces as well - TUSA is one, I think Tilos is another, and Mares also I thnk - since this is a forum for masks & fins too. My wife likes her size S TUSA SF-8 fins. I picked up a pair of SF6 fins in size M to try on our next trip myself - I like the angled foot pocket design.

You can try Divers Supply too, they list a size 4 on up on their Sea Elite brand boots, and also carry TUSA.

http://www.diverssupplyusa.com/

Anyway, I hope this helps. Not having gear that fits doesn't help in any sport!

Thank you so much for the information!

TiB:
I know this is masks and such, but sicne fins are also involved...

Ok, here's my problem. I have very small hands and feet. I'm 17 and they havn't grown since I was 9. I wear about a size 4-5 in shoes and well... I have hands to match. I already own gloves and boots but they're really big. Sure, they do their job but I'd like it a lot better if I had gloves and boots that really fit. Problem is I'm already wearing the smallest sizes I can find. Any one know where I can get some really small gloves and boots, hopefully somewhere 5mm+?

My wife ran into the same thing. the dive shop has some coming in the Ladies sizes, they are shorter fingered so she can have some dexterity. Sorry I don't know the brand but ask your LDS about ladies sizes. They don't seem to be widely stocked.

Pete

Back
Top Bottom