Bottom timer Princeton tech

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

johndiver999

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
recently got one with some old gear. Tested it and it seems to work fine. Is this thing worth anything to vintage divers.??? It is basically a mechanical stop watch that is mechanical operated by a pressure sensor - from what I understand.

Have one here also, they must have made a million and I don.t think the ever go bad. Check the closed sales on eBay for a market price, it is more a staple than an oddity.

Bob

@johndiver999
Bottom Timers are sealed units that are mechanically activated at 7 feet under.
They were and are diver proof and just don't wear out,

I have several which I have used for many years free diving

They have little or probably no value to the modern diver
Keep yours play with it in a pool or hang on a wall.

I will offer you $1.00
@Eric Sedletzky
@JamesBon92007
Or @Bob DBF
may ever offer $1.50 -- including shipping

SDM

I recently started using computers and there really wasn't any place left to stick my bottom timer so I've been diving without it, however I think I'll just hang it on a D-ring or some such place as a back-up timer. On my last two dives my dive watch accidently got it's button pushed and stopped timing the dives. My i300 computer already crapped out once so I feel a need to have a separate bottom timer. I'll admit that the watch was not my first choice--I bought it at WalMart on Maui when I forgot to take my other dive watch on my trip. I'm going back to the old-fashioned rotating bezel--I've never had one fail me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom