DIR- Generic Bottom timer recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uwatec Bottom Timer because I want to be a SCUBA/TEC diving hipster.

Great back up for your fancy schhh-mancy Shearwaters and they're cheap as well. You can probably find them used on the forums for under $100.

I watch the classifieds and ebay for old liquivision Xens and pick them up whenever they show up cheap. Best bottom timer ever.

Last one I got for $50 and has lasted about 500 dives or so so far. The screen is starting to dim, so I'm on the lookout for another.

I'm using a Mares Puck Pro in gauge mode. It has backlight and resettable minutes/seconds timer and a non-resettable minutes timer., as well as resettable average depth. That's everything I've ever wanted, but on the cons side I'm not the hugest fan of the one-button operation. To reset the timer you tap the button until you get a "time of day" view and hold down the button. To reset the average depth, you hold down the button while on the average depth screen. To turn on the back light, you hold down the button while on any other screen.

It comes with a rubber strap, but if you're willing to tap out the pins you can remove it and put on bungee instead.

They absolutely do. But $50 for 500 dives works for me. I break a shearwater it costs $350 to fix.

can't agree more - for 50$ will take it.
however the screen issue is real I had 2 of them failing with this crappy issue (which is 200% design issue!)

if you don't want to spend 50$ every couple of years - it's been said before the good old uwatec 330m will survive a nuclear attack (mine is second hand ~10 year w/o even changing the battery - dive every week).

can't agree more - for 50$ will take it.
however the screen issue is real I had 2 of them failing with this crappy issue (which is 200% design issue!)

if you don't want to spend 50$ every couple of years - it's been said before the good old uwatec 330m will survive a nuclear attack (mine is second hand ~10 year w/o even changing the battery - dive every week).

I’ve got a few laying around, they make great backups but are not ideal for teaching in a cave as my light is off most of the time.

My instructor stated any dive computer that can be placed in “gauge” mode will suffice.

I use an old Suunto Vyper in gauge mode. Makes an excellent bottom timer and is great for deco because you get total time plus a timer and it's a one button reset on the timer. I used to have a Liquivision Xen and this is better IMO.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom