Bottom Timer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BVickery

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
As I slowly get back into diving, I'm curious if there are any inexpensive bottom timers out there? So far only found the Hollis BT for about $150, the other I found was the Liquidvision Xen ($500). Are there any other ones out there?

Uwatec, not sure about the price. They are cheap and about the best out there.

Uwatec, not sure about the price. They are cheap and about the best out there.

Checked and found them new for about $250, and I could get a new Veo for $50 cheapera at my LDS, and $100 cheaper than the Hollis one, and for the same price get a Hollis Nitrox DC.

Do appreciate the help.

Do you have any experience diving with computers? Bottom timers are a great tool as well, just curious if maybe you weren't familiar with PDC based on your statement that you're "getting back into" diving and your training might have been at a time when they were less prevalent?

Computers can be had for the price range that you're discussing.

Do you have any experience diving with computers? Bottom timers are a great tool as well, just curious if maybe you weren't familiar with PDC based on your statement that you're "getting back into" diving and your training might have been at a time when they were less prevalent?

Computers can be had for the price range that you're discussing.

I had a Vyper 2 that I had to sell (medical bills suck). When I used it I pretty much just kept it in Gauge Mode. Not opposed to a Dive Computer, but the way I normally dive, a BT would work just as well. And if need be, just buy a cheap DC and use gauge mode.

Not that it's the best solution at all, but for a time I was buying $30 digital watches at Target that were 100m water resistant. They'd last for a while and eventually crap out... like I said, not the best solution (and you'd only want to do that as a back-up) but it was something that got me through when I was in school and didn't have the dough for the gear I wanted.

Checked and found them new for about $250, and I could get a new Veo for $50 cheapera at my LDS, and $100 cheaper than the Hollis one, and for the same price get a Hollis Nitrox DC.

Do appreciate the help.

wow that's pretty spendy, I paid around $100 for mine from Scubastore.com, having said that I live in Japan and they will ship but possibly/probably not the US. If you know anyone in the EU get it shipped there around 10USD and then get them to ship it to you another $10, still would be around $130 cheaper.

---------- Post added at 10:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 AM ----------

Just checked, they won't ship to the US.

If you do night dives the Xen is great. A few buddies have them and the visibility on them is great and much easier with them alway on and visible during a dive. I find myself looking at theirs sometimes instead of pressing the light button on mine or pressing the other buttons to see the temp at night.

The tec 2g makes a great bottom timer and is cheap used.

Back
Top Bottom