Bought a second strobe - Any advise on this setup?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rudeboymcc

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,
I just bought a second strobe and would like any advise on if how I have it setup at the moment is correct.
Attached is a photo of my setup:
Canon S95 in Ikelite housing
10Bar tray and flex arms
Sea & Sea YS-01 (on the right)
Sea & Sea YS-02 (on the left, slave to the YS-01)
Epoque DCL-20 67mm Wide Angle Lens

SAM_9029.jpg

I've tried to angle the strobes so that the edges of the two strobes meet in the middle of the subject (i..e so they don't illuminate the water between the subject and the lens). Is this normal? they look like they're facing complete opposite ways. Any help is appreciated, This is the first time I'm using the wide lens and two strobes (I only had 1 strobe in the past).

wow, so many views and not one comment. did i get it right first time? (highly doubtful).

I've since made a new fibre optic port so both strobes are now slaves to the camera. I didn't see a reason to piggy back the second strobe, plus i didn't like how taught the fibre optic is in the above photo.

Hi, no need to have both strobes facing 180 degree opposite like that. Face them each about 45 degree from left and right (if you position them 90 degrees they look forward which is not okay), so backscatter in front of the camera is not illuminated. Remember get closer, with even 2 strobes we're looking at 2 feet max to the subjects, otherwise the color will fade. Work on the reduced strobe power settings to get nicely illuminated images. Sometimes frustrating, but we've been all there before. Check my website for images to take as 'examples' : bluewaterimages_uw photography. Let me know if I can help more.....

I am confused by the whole setup. Point your strobes straight ahead (parallel to the axis of the camera lens) and then angle them outward a few degrees. And why do you have a FO cable between the two strobes? One FO cable to your main strobe, the slave need not be wired with the FO.
Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom