Bought DX1200HD PRO Pkg. Pelican Case Too Small

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was never able to see the picture either. But after I reversed the foam insert as described in my earlier post, the pressure on the strobe became greatly reduced and I consider the problem now closed.

It would be nice though to have seen the pictures, I must say.

Jim

OK, so you're configuration is identical to how my foam insert was cut and oriented inside the case when I first received it with the strobe hole(s) in the upper right corner.

In my situation though, upon closing the lid, the foam in the lid contacted the strobe when the lid was about half-way closed. It was my impression that further closing of the lid was putting allot of pressure on the strobe battery compartment.

As I posted above, I reduced the amount of pressure put onto the strobe by flopping the foam insert, putting the strobe holes in the lower left corner so the lid contacted the strobe when the lid was much closer to closing. This seems to work as I have left the case in its closed position of a long period of time without any apparent damage to the strobe.

Another solution would have been for me to customize the foam insert by cutting a hole in the foam around the area where the strobe holes are so that the strobe can be placed flat inside the case rather than vertically. The obvious drawback to that solution is that it would limit the capacity to a single strobe rather than the ability to store two in the case.

Jim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom