Bought my 1st reg, how'd I do?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I ordered a dive rite transpac xt with a voyager exp wing

Sorry, but if you "ordered a dive rite transpac xt with a voyager exp wing" that seems to imply you bought it new, which would be ~$700 - not the $150 you have listed.

And at $150, if you got it used for that amount, that's as good a deal as the regulators.

Just curious about the pricing, and whether you peed on the BP/W as well?

Sorry, but if you "ordered a dive rite transpac xt with a voyager exp wing" that seems to imply you bought it new, which would be ~$700 - not the $150 you have listed.

And at $150, if you got it used for that amount, that's as good a deal as the regulators.

If you bought it @ Divegearexpress, well, their service is so good I'll bet they'd pee on it for you!

I’m assuming he got that Tran-pac used. Might just be a coincidence, but there was one on eBay recently with a scubapro air2 and pocket,,

I think you will like the trans pac. I have three of them in my gear closet, and they are well used and well liked for single tank diving.

I'm a total rookie diver. I got my open water about a year ago and have been on 1 dive since then. Money has been tight. But things are showing signs of improvement so I've been perusing ads hoping to start collecting gear and get in the water. I've already got fins, mask etc and am looking for the expensive stuff. I found an ad on Craigslist (I know) pawnshop (I know i know) "up to" 50% off all its scuba stuff.

I stopped in today hoping to find a decent bc that I could afford , I actually found 2 that looked new (axiom si and a zeegle stilleto) were the right size and I started working them down to $200, didn't quite get there and had to leave for an appointment. Told the guy I'd be back after, got the "yeah sure" and left.

So went back and decided to peruse their pile of regulators, which looked like an old sherwood graveyard, dusty discolored and numerous . I don't know much but I know I've seen old sherwood everywhere so Im guessing they're inexpensive so ive ignored them entirely. Im not trying to be upity but i want gear that will last me a while so im not replacing it anytime soon. If I'm wrong let me know, I can show you a LOT of them :) But buried amongst the zombie sherwood horde I see something shiny (I like shiny), bright blue hoses (I like blue) and most importantly doesn't look like it was lost in the desert for the last 50 years.

So pulled it out and saw it's a scubapro, so it's the brand my instructor recommended and I know I can get it serviced locally. Beyond that, I'm clueless. The sales tag just read "misc regulator, blue", but it's a s600/mk25. I google it, saw the sales price on them and promptly peed on it so as to mark it as my property. Pawnshops and stray dogs follow similar rules in my experience and when in rome... It has a couple scratches on the 2nd, doesnt look brand new up close but does from 10 feet. It has braided blue line covers and also has a uwatec transmitter, which took me a few minutes to figure out what it was.

The reviews seem positive (yay) I just don't know what they go for used. I'm pretty sure I got a deal though. The guy i was working on earlier wasnt there so my bc went from 250 to 325 and the kid wouldnt budge. Im still bc-less but I was reg'd up and out the door for $100. I'll spend a bit more getting it checked out at the dive shop but I dont think it will be too much.

So deal, good deal, or smoking deal?

Just wonderin' if you could have asked what shift the guy worked who was willing to give you the $ 250 BC deal and just come back then for the better price ?

I’m assuming he got that Tran-pac used. Might just be a coincidence, but there was one on eBay recently with a scubapro air2 and pocket,,

I think you will like the trans pac. I have three of them in my gear closet, and they are well used and well liked for single tank diving.

It was/is from ebay, i'll link the auction. For some reason it shows a different price than what i paid but the right amount went through pp so I'm not worried.

According to the tracking info it will br here tuesday. I'll pee on it then :)

Nicely done!
No one NEEDS new gear so even expensive, high quality stuff can be had relatively cheap if you're patient.
If you have to resell for any reason, you can recoup much of the investment.
Yes, investment.
At 75-85% off retail, it's still worth something.
Purchased new it's a write-off.
I have to play that market to help the budget too.
Congratulations on the gear!

Way to go.

If I'd had to pay retail for my gear I would have left diving decades ago.

Bob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom