Box or bag for gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hmm... I've got a couple of those mesh gear backpacks, but they were sold as kite gear bags or inflatable SUP bags. Same thing, though.
The problem with all of these gear bags is that there just isn't room for them on a small boat. Even on a larger boat, ethics dictate trying to keep as small a footprint as possible.
For my own gear on my own boat, I can just dedicate a locker to dive gear. With four divers on board - strap your assembled rig into the tank rack with mask and fins bungeed on. Weight belts in the bilge. Suits all stuffed into the assigned locker or hanging rod. Keep spare parts and such in your personal kit in your bunk.
At home... well, I've got a walk-in closet in the garage just for SCUBA and camping gear. Somehow, the gear always expands to fill the available space.

That is a good point I think...well a simple mesh will be fine I guess

I actually use milk crates I bought from here for the small stuff neatly organized (clips, masks, computer, lights....) (Their shipping is too much) and akona mesh bag for fins, (Their shipping is too much) wetsuit. Yes its wet but before putting in car, I let it dry a bit.

Do you think this backpack or a similar one is good also for scuba?
Attack Backpack

Eventually I bought this one. Very good I am very happy of the purchase. Mares bags are very nice I also have the regs bag. Good quality, strong, robust, the shoulder straps are comfortable and fit well

The big STANLEY roller boxes hold a lot of gear and are popular here in so calif. Plus you can sit on it and gear up.
I use a HUSKEY low pro roller box works well for me. plus doubles as a traveling check baggage. A long time favorite of mine has been the Akona roller bag, comes with a telescoping handle, rollers, back pack type shoulder straps.
Good Divin,
SoCalRich

I have a Oceanic Mesh Backpack. It is light in weight and very durable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom