Box or bag for gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I didn’t try the mesh backpack at your link but I can tell you that I really like Mares, I have regs bag, backpack (and fins...) and they are all awesome the quality of materials and details for me has no comparison

I've picked up a number of boxes and bags over the years and just grab the one(s) that are good for the dive. I just buy something that looks like it would work, don't pay top dollar so if it dosent work as good as I thought I can find something else, then save it for the right occasion which may not happen for a while. Haven't bought anything new in years.

Bob

Ok as circumstances are currently dictated in my world
here I am about ready to throw some of my gear into the car, jump on a boat
and after a bit of bouncing around on the ocean, plonk into a wreck at 40 metres.

Left sack fins, mask stuffed in fin, bottle of tap water

next sack regs with console and computer

3L pony bottle of 50% Oxygen

BC with a bakpak full of lead shot, some tools, lights, dsmb

and a 15L bottle of 28/35 O2-Helium stuff inside

full.jpg

So add another tank for the second shallower decompressing dive

and stuff it all in the trunk without the complications of a box

that I can't move anyway without a herniating experience

But before I did that I went to the wetsuit builder bloke, served as an apprentice for a couple of hours

and we came up with a waterproof cocoon which really does have healing powers

After a day of dive recovery anyway

full.jpg

So it was dearer than a bag and dearer than a box but really it was cheaper than all

and coming up to two years the trunk is still mint

Where is that elephant

You know what, perhaps you are right about hernia... your solution sounds good and also this water proof cocoon seems to be easier to store

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom