Boynton Beach Accident

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tddfleming

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
BOYNTON BEACH, Fla. - A man was rushed to the hospital after a diving accident left him unconscious Sunday morning in Boynton Beach.
The man was with a group diving off a boat called the "Explorer". The group said the injured man came back to boat after diving, and they knew immediately he was in trouble.
Those on the boat jumped into action to save his life.
"(He) came onto the boat unresponsive. The captain, the assistant captain and I performed CPR on him, and we brought him back to life," said diver Richard Henshaw.
"(The diver) was really pale, and I saw the police and ambulance come in with the stretchers and take him," said diver Joseph Razzano. "I saw probably a few Coast Guards come in, the Coast Guard helicopter and a few police boats."
Despite a near death experience, rescue crews believe the man, whose name has not been released, will be OK.

Boynton Beach diver 'brought back to life' after accident - wptv.com

I heard this guy had been hit by a very large wave....and their was some physical impact that caused unconsciouness.... Sandra and I actually saw the boat and all the Emergency crews at the Marine Patrol docks at the Boynton Inlet at the park....we were on our bikes, and this is a restroom stop point for cyclists on A1A.... The surf looked pretty rough...we had been chatting about this on our bike ride, just before we saw the Helicopter and all the emergency crews.

I heard on the news this AM it had something to do with his tank, for what that is worth. But agree, yesterday was rough, we headed to the beach for a dive and got there and turned around and found something else to do. That was at 6 am yesterday morning.

Unless the Capt. of the Explorer had his divers in surf, I'm not sure a wave would be the culprit. Perhaps the OP could post on the occurance. It was pretty snotty yesterday and the rough conditions on the outgoing afternoon tide kept us in Lake Boca yesterday

BOYNTON BEACH, Fla. - A man was rushed to the hospital after a diving accident left him unconscious Sunday morning in Boynton Beach.
The man was with a group diving off a boat called the "Explorer".

I wonder if that's Kevin's boat? I hope not.

My boat.

Diver went out of air on the Castor. His buddy gave him his alternate, victim panicked and lost consciousness underwater, buddy brought him to the surface. We brought the diver onto the boat, unresponsive, not breathing, no pulse. We performed CPR, he regained consciousness. Put him on O2 and got him to EMS. Looks like hes gonna be okay.

My boat.

Diver went out of air on the Castor. His buddy gave him his alternate, victim panicked and lost consciousness underwater, buddy brought him to the surface. We brought the diver onto the boat, unresponsive, not breathing, no pulse. We performed CPR, he regained consciousness. Put him on O2 and got him to EMS. Looks like hes gonna be okay.

Been there, done that. You made a hail mary and it was caught. Congratulations, and BZ.

My boat.

Great job Kevin !

Great job, Kevin, and kudos to you for giving us the information.

Two takeaways from this one: Don't run out of gas. There are tools to plan a dive to avoid it, and monitoring your gauges will prevent it as well. And practice air-sharing regularly, so if you ever have to do it for real, it's a non-event.

I wonder if that's Kevin's boat? I hope not.

We always hope that our friends are not involved when we hear about an incident but I have a feeling that the victim in this case is probably very thankful that it was Kevin's boat. Not every boat out there would be able to respond effectively in an emergency like that- Good job Kevin & crew! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom