BP/W harness & weights configuration question.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi everyone! Thank you again for your help!
I went to my LDS and took your advice and also listened to the tech there (Philippe) who did a checkup on my regs. I ended up switching my hogarthian harness out to a DiveRite Deluxe with quick release. I only bought the harness set, not a whole BPW. When I got it home I pretty much merged the original hardware onto the dive rite.

Here are my changes - THANK YOU for your advice! :)
  • I shortened my long hose from 7' to 5'. Kept the 90 degree swivel, and I run it down my right side, under my arm and clip it on the waist.
  • I put 2 of the original scubapro weight pouches on the bottom cam band, and now have only 2 pouches at my waist. I set those on my waistband right next to the backplate.
  • I set up and threaded the harness as the directions said to. Put all the hardware on it, test & adjust, test & adjust - probably 25 times later the chest strap is at heart height & the shoulder pads with D rings on them are about 5" lower than what the directions say at first.
  • I moved the 2 cam straps up on the backplate following Phillipe's advice. I made sure I followed your advice above and adjusted the BP so it sits such that I can reach overhead and touch it to my 1st knuckle.
  • I had Phillipe rearrange my hoses so both 2nd come off the right side, long at the bottom necklace one at the top. My setup had the new computer AND an analog dial for the HP gauge - he took off the analog. So now I have only 4 hoses like a normal setup.
  • I added an extra D ring on my right waist, added one on the crotch strap at the rear just under the BP just in case I needed it.
  • I didn't cut off ANY of the webbing. Instead I folded it on itself and tucked it under the padding.
I tried it with bathing suit and also my 3mil wetsuit. It's crazy easy to adjust... just a pull and it's done. It's even easier than that to don & doff. I can either tug it to loosen or just unclip the shoulder straps and crotch straps. Given that I have a weaker grasp due to muscular dystrophy symptoms getting worse, I really did need an easier way to don & doff my stuff.

I'm going to try diving this weekend and I will get some pics to post here. THANK YOU ALL so much for your help!
Christine

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom