BP/W questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah that's where it is....about an inch away from the right side weight pocket.

Ah, so the "bump" you're talking about is from the webbing going through the buckle? While there is some on mine, it's really not enough to keep the buckle from closing all the way.

can you share a top-down-picture of the webbing through yours?

hehe, I feel for you my friend, you're going through some of the same growing pains / learning curves I went through.

The pictures you've shown appear to all be from your cambands, unless I missed one.

Can you show a pic of your buckle? From the top down?

Difficult to see how the strap is routed on the waist buckle but at least from the angle of your photo, it looks okay. The second photo is the tank cam-band, which is incorrectly routed. It will never hold a tank in place.

1. Go through the Large Metal Loop that holds the buckle.
2. Once through go through the center slot.
3. From the center slot, go BACK into the first slot (the one closest to the large metal loop.
4. Finally, go to the third slot, the one farthest away from the large metal loop.

The material that Deep Six uses for the wing reminds me of the material used for inflatable boats, like Zodiacs. Definitely is some type of coated impregnated fabric, which dries very quickly. Would you mind posting a photo of the slots of the waist buckle so that we can get an idea of how that was threaded?

O.

Difficult to see how the strap is routed on the waist buckle but at least from the angle of your photo, it looks okay. The second photo is the tank cam-band, which is incorrectly routed. It will never hold a tank in place.

1. Go through the Large Metal Loop that holds the buckle.
2. Once through go through the center slot.
3. From the center slot, go BACK into the first slot (the one closest to the large metal loop.
4. Finally, go to the third slot, the one farthest away from the large metal loop.

The material that Deep Six uses for the wing reminds me of the material used for inflatable boats, like Zodiacs. Definitely is some type of coated impregnated fabric, which dries very quickly. Would you mind posting a photo of the slots of the waist buckle so that we can get an idea of how that was threaded?

O.
Wow. I wasn't even close. Totally misunderstood the numbers underneath the slots. Thanks.

Okay so I got the tank bands routed right....makes a huge difference when you do things right. Okay so that problem seems to be sorted out. Just have to get in the pool again and see if the bands will slip again when they get wet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom