BP/W questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Glad everything worked out. Routing webbing is usually the most confusing part of bpw

Now you’ve got it set up, take multiple pictures. That way if you have to pull it apart for any reason, you’ll know how it’s suppose to be put back together.

If the seatbelt webbing bothers you, you can always just order some nylon webbing from DGX. $12 will get you enough to make another harness out of.

If the seatbelt webbing bothers you, you can always just order some nylon webbing from DGX. $12 will get you enough to make another harness out of.
The seatbelt webbing itself doesn't bother me, it's the fact that it's coated with a material that seems to act like teflon when it gets water on it. The funny thing is the harness didn't try slip off during the dive, I just had trouble closing the waist belt, and the tank bands (which I had routed incorrectly.....my bad) kept slipping when I was trying to tighten them. Guess we'll see how it performs next pool session. Would really rather work on skills instead of concentrating on keeping the rig on me, but I guess the extra task loading and divided-attention stuff will help overall.

The seatbelt webbing itself doesn't bother me, it's the fact that it's coated with a material that seems to act like teflon when it gets water on it. The funny thing is the harness didn't try slip off during the dive, I just had trouble closing the waist belt, and the tank bands (which I had routed incorrectly.....my bad) kept slipping when I was trying to tighten them. Guess we'll see how it performs next pool session. Would really rather work on skills instead of concentrating on keeping the rig on me, but I guess the extra task loading and divided-attention stuff will help overall.

I don't blame you at all, I'm not a fan of the coated webbing either. I can wholeheartedly recommend DGX's webbing, the price is right and it's very high quality, nice and stiff. I have it on both of my BP/W rigs.

I bought the webbing kit from deep 6 just before a Maldives trip so no chance to try it but I wanted to try the quick dry feature. The webbing is much thinner than standard webbing and is difficult to work with because of that and the stiffness associated with the coating, I had the same issue with the waist buckle slipping so I doubled the webbing back through the buckle on the trip and no more problem but when I got home I put a plastic buckle on it which grips much better, no tricks needed.

The slides will move easily so I switched to plastic teeth types to hold things where I like them more. I also bought the 20 lb wing after that trip for Curaçao which was a few weeks later, it arrived to late to switch with my VDH 18 so I loaned it and an OXY travel plate to a buddy, it is a nice wing and dry I minutes like the webbing but I like my VDH wing better so the webbing and wing may end up on the OXY plate and standard webbing on the aluminum Freedom plate. I wish the supplied crotch strap were 1 or 1.5” rather than 2” for warm water use. I may try the tank bands, I like the gripiness.

put a couple of triglides plastic or steel on the tank webbing inside the plate V
to stop the tank band webbing moving and to give the buckles some purchase

or a small bolt

Good job getting it done. It is a little intimidating when you have all the parts and pieces laying on the floor in front of you. It took me about 3 hours and the better part of a bottle of bourbon to get mine done while watching youtube videos. If there was a spacing mistake that could be made, I made it. The sunshine side of it was that I got a lot of practice. When Saniflush 2.0 and 2.1 get certified next year they will be in BP/W that they help me put together. (I think Mrs Flush may nix the bourbon part though)

My waist buckle didn't clamp very well when I first got mine. A little persuasion with a hammer was all it took to close the gap a tad, now it clamps down tight (I actually had to do it to 2 different buckles)

Back
Top Bottom