BP&W vs jacket BC, AGAIN!

What BCD did you first dive, and how do you dive now?

• I started with a BP&W and still dive a BP&W

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • I started with a rear-inflate BC and still dive a rear-inflate BC

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • I started with a jacket BC and still dive a jacket BC

Votes: 18 17.8%
  • I started with a BP&W and now dive a rear-inflate BC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I started with a BP&W and now dive a jacket BC

• I started with a rear-inflate BC and now dive BP&W

Votes: 17 16.8%
  • I started with a rear-inflate BC and now dive a jacket BC

• I started with a jacket BC and now dive a BP&W

Votes: 41 40.6%
  • I started with a jacket BC and now dive a rear-inflate BC

Votes: 7 6.9%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Crush

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
It has been a while since we have had a good BP&W vs jacket BC thread on SB. Let's take a poll: what kind of BCD did you first use when diving, and what kind do you now use?

[Edit: I have tried to include sidemount as a separate category but then I need 17 fields and SB only allows 12 fields in a poll so (sorry) let's assume that BP&W=sidemount.]

Last edited:
There is no poll.

Back inflate first and still have it and like it.

I started with a jacket BCD (Buddy Commando), then moved to a back-inflate BCD (Dacor Rig3), then moved to a BP&W (Halcyon Eclipse). Had 2 Elipses over the years. Then an Oxycheq 17lb for the tropics, a Custom Divers TDB for indie doubles and Halcyon Evolve 40 for manifolded doubles. Now I primarily dive in sidemount (DIY/Homemade).

Zeagle Brigade then.

DSS/Oxycheq for cold water. FredT/Oxycheq for the tropics. Now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Started with a horsecollar BCD and plastic backplate. Now dive backplate and wing.

Started with just straps around the cylinder and and no flotation. Now dive a variety.

Mares jacket bc to DRIS bp/w. Only dove the jacket about 10 times before switching, lol.

I dove my rear-inflate BC for 30 (?) dives. It was a Zeagle Scout - very nice BC. I now dive a BP&W but, in all honesty, I find there is very little difference in comfort, trim, stability, etc..

I dove my rear-inflate BC for 30 (?) dives. It was a Zeagle Scout - very nice BC. I now dive a BP&W but, in all honesty, I find there is very little difference in comfort, trim, stability, etc..

My Zeagle Stilletto has served me well, at least so far. Much to like about it IMO.

Back
Top Bottom