BP/W... what will I regret

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, I didn't get any of the stuff in my original post. I found a Halcyon Eclipse setup with 30lb wing, SS backplate, backplate storage pack, uncut harness, and single tank adapter for under $400 and couldn't pass it up. I'm hoping to try it out after my rescue diver class this weekend (I'll wear what I already know for the course however) at least one or both days. It's a bit older (2005 shown on the wing), but seems to be in mostly good condition (inflator hose needed tightening at the connection and the bottom dump only has the string coming off it so I'll need to add something to grip it with). After spending 20+ minutes adjusting the fit, I think it's pretty close to where I'll need it.

Thanks for the help and advice everyone :)

View attachment 485097 View attachment 485098
Well done on the purchase. Great system. It will take a few dives to get used to it, practice in the pool before you go out to do real dives and get yourself accustomed to it. Only take gear you need with you.

Don’t do anything with the string, except make it shorter by tying a few knots in the string. When you want to dump, reach back for opv circle dump, rotate your fingers 360 degrees around opv as if outlining the shape of the dump with your finger and automatically, you’ll have the string wrapped around your finger. Really good thing to know if you dive with thick gloves and can’t feel the string to dump. Also, don’t forget to pull the string towards the surface, not towards you because the dumping will be more efficient.

I hope you enjoy your wing, and once you get used to it, it’s like a second skin.

Well done on the purchase. Great system. It will take a few dives to get used to it, practice in the pool before you go out to do real dives and get yourself accustomed to it. Only take gear you need with you.

Don’t do anything with the string, except make it shorter by tying a few knots in the string. When you want to dump, reach back for opv circle dump, rotate your fingers 360 degrees around opv as if outlining the shape of the dump with your finger and automatically, you’ll have the string wrapped around your finger. Really good thing to know if you dive with thick gloves and can’t feel the string to dump. Also, don’t forget to pull the string towards the surface, not towards you because the dumping will be more efficient.

I hope you enjoy your wing, and once you get used to it, it’s like a second skin.

Thanks for the tips :)

Back
Top Bottom