• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

BPW package question

Discussion in 'Deep 6 Outfitters' started by emmitt96, Apr 16, 2018.

1. emmitt96

emmitt96 Angel Fish

I have recently lost about 60#s, and my Ranger LTD is too big. I am left with the choice of replacing the torso section at over 300$ or donating it to my son and replacing it with a BPW. I am interested in the Deep Six BPW package. At age 50 in my 32nd year of diving my shoulder mobility isn't what it once was. I live close to Halcyon, and have tried the cinch BPW. It worked very well for me, and I like to buy local, but, I don't want to pay nearly double for it. This brings me to my question. Will the Deep Six webbing work with the UTD quick adjust or the Subgravity harness slider. Any input would be appreciated. Also, any reviews of the Deep Six BPW package would he great. Thanks

2. runsongas

runsongas Great White

# of Dives: 500 - 999
  3. emmitt96

emmitt96 Angel Fish

I was just wondering how these would work with the Deep Six polymer coated webbing.

4. RayfromTX

RayfromTX Student Of Gas Mixology Staff Member ScubaBoard Sponsor

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    Dude! congratulations on the weight loss. It is a life changing thing. Keep up the good work. I've kept mine off for 7 years.

BurhanMuntasser likes this.
  5. aquacat8

aquacat8 Solo Diver

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    You deserve a nice new rig!

6. wbatten1

wbatten1 NAUI Instructor

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    I don't see why it wouldn't... I sometimes dive my harness without having the shoulder / waist junction locked in place, effectively doing the same thing as those gimmicks. Our webbing might stick to the SubGravity harness slider a little more than traditional webbing, but I doubt it would stick so much that you wouldn't be able to move it. There's really no reason why it wouldn't work with the UTD quick adjust.

7. emmitt96

emmitt96 Angel Fish

Thanks for the answers to my question, but I have another. I know that many don't agree, but I prefer a rapid exhaust on my inflator hose. I have a Dive Rite rapid exhaust elbow that works well with my SS1 octo inflator. Does anyone know if it will work with the Deep 6 wing?