BPW Recommendation needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

David Novo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am in the market to replace my Apeks Black Ice with a BPW system, with the following characteristics:
1) Strictly GUE compliant;
2) No additional gimmicks;
3) Not Halcyon (I am trying to avoid the H-tax);
4) Fully black;
5) Sold in the European Union (as on February 2019) for competitive prices (otherwise I can always go with Halcyon);
6) No plastic on the cam bands.

I was considering both Tecline and DTD but the former has plastic cam bands and more expensive.
What is your opinion on these or others not considered?

Thanks.

P.S.: I know that Halcyon exists, its prices and its stellar reputation. Still, at this moment I am not willing to pay the price difference, so please do not turn this to a Halcyon discussion.

I’m actually on the verge of ordering from dtd... (probably tonight or tomorrow). So I can’t comment on the gear itself but the communication with the brand has been flawless. They are very reactive and very patient!

You don't want to go back with Apeks?

I’ll follow your post with interest!

Assuming you want this for single tank? Nobody’s been making this stuff longer than Dive Rite.

Assuming you want this for single tank? Nobody’s been making this stuff longer than Dive Rite.
Yes but I have some specific needs that dtd managed well plus I like their price and support so I’ll stick with them :)

Yes but I have some specific needs that dtd managed well plus I like their price and support so I’ll stick with them :)

We were both addressing the OP.

X-Deep
Apex
Dive Rite

OR go on line to a EU dive store and buy all the bits to assemble yourself (bladder, webbing harness and hardware) plate of choice to match your diving

None of it is complicated

Just put something together on divegearexpress. Free shipping internationally!

Back
Top Bottom