Brain tumor surgery -- done diving forever?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thanks for giving us a happy ending...good luck and enjoy your trip.

Additional update for all in case someone with a pituitary adenoma finds this thread. My first surgery was not as successful as my surgeons and I had hoped. They got a portion of the tumor -- but it continued to grow back. A little more than a year and a half later, I had a second surgery and the procedure was much more successful. I did get a chance to dive between surgeries and had absolutely no problems. And now that I am fully recovered from my second surgery, my wife and I plan to dive in Mexico in a couple months. My latest surgeon tells me that the scar tissue and bone regrowth of my transsphenoidal surgery typically heal very well and there is very little threat of any complications with a typical recreational dive. I'm cleared to get back under the water! Hope that helps others.
Congratulations! Thanks for posting the info for others. Continued prayers for a full recovery.

Thanks everybody. I often marvel at the kindness and collegiality of strangers in the scuba diving community.

And that just gives me another reason to love the sport! That... and turtles.

Thanks everybody. I often marvel at the kindness and collegiality of strangers in the scuba diving community.

I'm so happy for you. It really puts things into perspective in terms of outlook on life for me. All the best.

It is always exciting to hear great news! If you ever get to Missouri, I would be proud to dive with you. Might even see a snapping turtle...

DW

Congrats and many splashing ahead for you!

Back
Top Bottom